Windows 10: USB driver error- previous drive not unloading

Discus and support USB driver error- previous drive not unloading in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Having a problem with the USB ports on my laptop. When switching from flash to flash, or flash to external HDD, I get a the following: DEVICE STATUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sachonez52, Sep 29, 2019.

1. USB driver error- previous drive not unloading

Having a problem with the USB ports on my laptop. When switching from flash to flash, or flash to external HDD, I get a the following:

DEVICE STATUS

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38) The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory."

EVENTS

Problem Status: 0xC000038E

The driver is the USB Mass Storage Device which shows in Device Manager with a yellow triangle. I've tried to update the driver, remove device to reload the driver, and run Trouble Shooter, no fix. If I restart after getting the error it's fine until I switch out flash drives, Then starts all over again.

Hopefully someone has an answer out there. Thanks.

:)

sachonez52, Sep 29, 2019

2. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Unspecified USB Pen Drive

Hi,

This can be caused by a driver issue or virus-infected USB drive. For further isolation of the issue and for us to provide a solution suitable to your pen drive concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any recent changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Does it appear in the disk management?
    • Can you connect other USB drives and see if the same error will occur?

In the meantime, try updating the USB driver as an initial troubleshooting step and see if the error will occur again when you connect your USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Universal Serial Bus controllers and click it to expand.
    • Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver
      button to update the driver.

We're looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 29, 2019
  4. USB driver error- previous drive not unloading

Win10: Custom Monitor Profile unloads

I have an issue where my custom monitor profile (*.ICM) unloads.

Note that there are other threads that report a related issue, but my issue is not the same because 1) mine stays unloaded (the other people report a flickering on/off), and b) my scenario is NOT a gaming scenario. My primary use is for professional photographic
    editing, where color matters even more.

I create custom monitor profiles (*.ICM) using Xrite's i1Profiler

Reproduce steps:

• anytime I select "Bluetooth" in the Action Pane
    • plug in or unplug any USB device
    • connect my drawing tablet via Bluetooth (though no accessing the Action Pane)

I can reset the profile with a reboot, then reproduce the using any of the above steps, every time.

Machine / Environment Details:

• Winver: 1809 (OS Build 17763-379)
    • MSI GP63 RE8 laptop
    • Intel UHD Graphics 630 (updated to most recent driver)
    • NVIDIA GTX-1060 (updated to most recent driver)
    • (more details on request if you think it's relevant)

In addition to the above graphics driver updates, I also updated the intel chipset.

This also happens on my desktop machine, though to a lesser degree.

Chris

NotASpeckOfCereal, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

USB driver error- previous drive not unloading

1. USB driver error- previous drive not unloading - Similar Threads - USB driver error

2. Bsod error: driver unloaded whithout canceling pending nvpcf.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod error: driver unloaded whithout canceling pending nvpcf.sys: I got a blue screen with thus error, i cannot run Windows but i can run safe mod https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-error-driver-unloaded-whithout-canceling/d2c089e3-22e8-42e5-b4ae-2299d59f7b1b
  3. Bsod error: driver unloaded whithout canceling pending nvpcf.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod error: driver unloaded whithout canceling pending nvpcf.sys: I got a blue screen with thus error, i cannot run Windows but i can run safe mod https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-error-driver-unloaded-whithout-canceling/d2c089e3-22e8-42e5-b4ae-2299d59f7b1b
  4. BOD - intOED.sys failed, driver unloaded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOD - intOED.sys failed, driver unloaded?: Hi, my name is Sean and I am currently experiences frequent bluescreens on my DELL, G5 15 5500.Due to overheating which seems to be an issue for this model? I have deactivated the intel-turbo boost in the set-up.Other than this change I deactivated as per advice on a forum...
  5. BOD - intOED.sys failed, driver unloaded?

BOD - intOED.sys failed, driver unloaded?: Hi, my name is Sean and I am currently experiences frequent bluescreens on my DELL, G5 15 5500.Due to overheating which seems to be an issue for this model? I have deactivated the intel-turbo boost in the set-up.Other than this change I deactivated as per advice on a forum...
  6. Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations - Windows 11 Error

Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations - Windows 11 Error: I have a an ASUS laptop that's a year old, and I'm 100% sure that it can run Windows 11, but recently I've been having the "Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations" error, and my laptop bluescreens, and shuts down. I don't know what the cause is. I have already...
  7. Windows keeps unloading my USB drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps unloading my USB drivers: Every time I try to use my scanner, a Fujitsu fi 6240, which is about once a week, the software hangs after scanning the first page of a multi-page document. It hangs and won't complete the conversion to a pdf file even if the document has only one page. This has happened so...
  8. Phantom USB device keeps loading and unloading+

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom USB device keeps loading and unloading+: In windows 10 Home 64bit, I keep getting the message "USB Drive Not Recognized" then "USB Device not installed" back and forth- every 30 seconds or so, sometimes quicker.. i dont have anything plugged in except a usb keyboard and mouse. I have rebooted several times....
  9. Windows unloading Bluetooth Driver on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows unloading Bluetooth Driver on Startup: Bluetooth was working fine until today, now it will not turn on. Attempted fixes: Bluetooth and other device settings: No toggle to turn Bluetooth on/off Device Manager: No driver found under Network Adapters Reinstall driver from ASUS website: Driver installs,...
  10. Fix DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATION Error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATION Error: [ATTACH] The DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATION bug check error has an error value of 0x000000CE. This means that a driver failed to cancel pending operations before unloading. Some of the driver files that may be giving rise to this error [...] This post...