Windows 10: USB driver failed

Discus and support USB driver failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a external back up drive. It shows working in Device Manager. Yet all usb ports say failed. I have deleted them . Yet can't get them to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharleneReeves, Oct 20, 2019.

1. USB driver failed

I have a external back up drive. It shows working in Device Manager. Yet all usb ports say failed. I have deleted them . Yet can't get them to work

:)

CharleneReeves, Oct 20, 2019
  2. Ar3s Win User

HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

3. Arun B J Win User
    I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 20, 2019
  4. USB driver failed

USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

USB driver failed

1. USB driver failed - Similar Threads - USB driver failed

2. Unknown USB driver device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB driver device descriptor request failed: I'm experiencing this problem in my unknown Windows 10 usb driver device descriptor request failed after I attached some new Corsair Wireless Void headsets.As of this moment, the backlit lights on my MSI GP75 Leopard laptop, no longer turn on. I have strong doubts that the...
  3. Unknown usb driver device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown usb driver device descriptor request failed: I am facing this problem in my windows 11 Unknown usb driver device descriptor request failed . But my USB ports are working fine. I put my pendrive and it works well. I applied below settings but still the problem not fix yet. The settings are -1. Uninstall and update...
  4. Unknown usb driver device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown usb driver device descriptor request failed: I am facing this problem in my windows 11 Unknown usb driver device descriptor request failed . But my USB ports are working fine. I put my pendrive and it works well. I applied below settings but still the problem not fix yet. The settings are -1. Uninstall and update...
  5. iball 3.5g connect usb modem driver failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iball 3.5g connect usb modem driver failed: I have windows 10 pro 64 bit. Whenever i tried connecting iball 3.5g connect usb modem , it never detected sim and was getting message that driver installation failed. To solve this. Remove all softwares related to this modem Connect ur iBall USB modem Let the software...
  6. Failing USB port or Bad Driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failing USB port or Bad Driver: Hey guys, I just recently started having an issue where one of my USB ports will consistently connect and disconnect. This only started happening within the last few days and the only update I've made is updating my GPU drivers for the 30 series launch. I'm saying its the...
  7. Win 10 USB install fails to load drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 USB install fails to load drivers: Hi everyone, Long time Mac user switching back to PC here. I'm stuck installing Windows at the very beginning, before choosing any drive to install to. I've made a USB bootable installer, which loads, and takes me to a "windows needs to load drivers" message right after...
  8. USB microsoft driver failed on update today

USB microsoft driver failed on update today: This morning my computer ran an update that MS had forced on it - I wish I could completely stop these idiots doing this. The result is the 'Renesas USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)' driver no longer works. I have run the repair utility and driver update...
  9. Usb driver installation fail

Usb driver installation fail: Hello! I’m trying to install latest usb drivers for a Korg keyboard. After setup starts, I ger an error message saying that setup cant find drvtools.sys, a file which was suposedly unpacked from the installation package and is present in the system, just not where setup is...
  10. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device (NB. FOR USB)

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device (NB. FOR USB): *** Problem has reappeared, so this is NOT a solution **** *Sad It worked for 5 reboots, so strange it reappeared Been searching for days to find a solution for this problem (including fresh installs of Windows 10 etc), and today accidentally found it ... for my Asus...