Windows 10: Usb driver installation fail

Discus and support Usb driver installation fail in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I’m trying to install latest usb drivers for a Korg keyboard. After setup starts, I ger an error message saying that setup cant find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aritosteles, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Usb driver installation fail

Hello! I’m trying to install latest usb drivers for a Korg keyboard. After setup starts, I ger an error message saying that setup cant find drvtools.sys, a file which was suposedly unpacked from the installation package and is present in the system, just not where setup is looking. If I point the setup program to it I get another error message saying it’s not the correct file.

Retry after retry, setup always looks in the same folder. Something like {79ac36483adwhatever} in users/myuser/appdata/local/temp

This is under Windows 10, latest update I guess

Any help is appretiated!!!

:)

Aritosteles, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Ar3s Win User

HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Cole_538 Win User

Usb driver installation fail

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

I've been trying to connect my Lenovo K3 Note (Android 5.0.2) via USB (MTP). The drivers fail to install with windows update. The error shows as "Microsoft - Other hardware - MTP Device - Error 0x800f0217."

Things I've done to try and fix the issue (not in order):

• Installed Windows Media Feature Pack (KB3010081) and (KB3099229). As suggested on this Superuser.com thread.
    • Updated USB drivers
    • Enabled USB debugging mode on the device
    • Used the troubleshooter. Returned "Unknown device doesn't have a driver"
    • Reset the PC
    • Plugged into different USB ports

I've hit a brick wall. My phone has worked fine over USB before. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cole_538, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Usb driver installation fail

1. Usb driver installation fail - Similar Threads - Usb driver installation

2. MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10: [IMG]MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is a communication protocol that is used to transfer the media and other files between two portable devices or between a computer and a smartphone. To use this communication protocol, you need to install an MTP device driver on your...
  3. Failed Driver Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed Driver Install: I have a USB audio device for which I cannot successfully install its driver. The device is a Boss SY-1000 Guitar Synthesizer. This is on a computer I recently purchased, a Surface Book 3 15", 32gb, mem 2tb ssd running Windows 10. It acts like it installs ok, after plugging...
  4. PnP USB Audio Device Install Fails - "Unavailable Driver"

PnP USB Audio Device Install Fails - "Unavailable Driver": Trying to install this device on my PC. Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Model AU-MMSA. It's supposed to be Plug and Play No Drivers Needed. PC is a Dell Optiplex 7040 running Win 10 Pro, ver. 1909 Build 18363.592 Multiple attempts to install...
  5. Failing USB port or Bad Driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failing USB port or Bad Driver: Hey guys, I just recently started having an issue where one of my USB ports will consistently connect and disconnect. This only started happening within the last few days and the only update I've made is updating my GPU drivers for the 30 series launch. I'm saying its the...
  6. Nvidia driver failed to be installed

Nvidia driver failed to be installed: I have a notebook with NVIDIA GEFORCE 930MX. After the latest windows update, NVIDIA asked for driver update. the driver failed to be installed. After that may NVIDIA doesn't come up or active. i searched the device manager and found my NVIDIA device as an other device....
  7. Win 10 USB install fails to load drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 USB install fails to load drivers: Hi everyone, Long time Mac user switching back to PC here. I'm stuck installing Windows at the very beginning, before choosing any drive to install to. I've made a USB bootable installer, which loads, and takes me to a "windows needs to load drivers" message right after...
  8. Driver Installation Failed

Driver Installation Failed: All was good with my machine until Microsoft did an update on Saturday 11-10-19. After restart, I noticed that I didn't have any sound. I am running WIndows 10 Pro from an online update several years ago from Windows 7. Intel Core i7 processor and Creative Sound Blaster...
  9. USB driver failed

USB driver failed: I have a external back up drive. It shows working in Device Manager. Yet all usb ports say failed. I have deleted them . Yet can't get them to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-driver-failed/59e0e301-ec26-491e-8442-6a4f8d003318
  10. Windows 10 install fail--missing media drivers (USB)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install fail--missing media drivers (USB): I've seen several guides on how to fix this, but none seem to help. I'm running a Fujitsu s751. Things I've tried: Changing USB ports Checking if the ISO is corrupt Using a different storage device Installing Intel Rapid share drivers Wiping the drive (...