Windows 10: USB driver problem

Discus and support USB driver problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have now iterated through several builds of Windows 10, but this problem has not gone away. When I boot up (or reboot), two USB devices do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BartZorn, Feb 1, 2016.

1. BartZorn Win User

USB driver problem

I have now iterated through several builds of Windows 10, but this problem has not gone away.

When I boot up (or reboot), two USB devices do not work. They complain that there is a problem with the driver. When I update the driver (using Device Manager) to the very same driver that is already installed, it works again.

When I reboot again, this story starts all over again.

Has anyone seen this too?

Bart

:)

BartZorn, Feb 1, 2016
  2. TepiBoss Win User

Usb driver problems

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

device type Human interface devices

I want to use my wireless keyboard and mouse but it gives me this error the usb port works with a flash drive but with the 2.4 ghz mouse&keyboard doesn't

Please answer quick

TepiBoss, Feb 1, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    Usb driver problems

From the screenshot you posted everything appears as it should at that registry key so the issue does not appear to be at that registry key.

However can you check the following two registry keys ?:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

At that registry key, in the right window, is there, under "Name", either an UpperFilters or
    LowerFilters value?

If so, for each of the UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters value, what is listed under "Data"?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

At that registry key, in the right window, is there, under "Name", either an UpperFilters or
    LowerFilters value?

If so, for each of the UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters value, what is listed under "Data"?

You mentioned one of those keys in your last post.

There should be an UpperFilters value of kbdclass at the first key and should be an UpperFilters values of
    mouclass at the second key.

Are there any other values present at either key or any of those two values missing?

auggy, Feb 1, 2016
  4. Jim4646 Win User

USB driver problem

I keep losing USB mass storage is there a driver link available to download and reinstall?

Jim4646, Feb 6, 2016
  5. BartZorn Win User
    If your USB disk(s) worked at least once, you probably have the driver already installed.
    What I do when one or more USB devices do not work after a reboot is:
    - goto Control Panel -> Device Manager
    - locate the problem device, probably marked with a yellow triangle
    - right mouse click -> Update Driver Software
    - select "Browse my Computer"
    - select "Let me pick"
    - now you can select the most likely driver. I can't help you here, because I don't know what disk you have.

This may get your disk working.

Good luck!

Bart

-

BartZorn, Feb 6, 2016
  6. have you looked for an updated driver for them?

shakennstirred, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB driver problem

1. USB driver problem - Similar Threads - USB driver problem

2. usb driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb driver problem: hello, I have a problem, my mobile "redmi a2" I can't find a solution - device driver installing failed - error code no. 10. I tried to deal with it in many ways and still nothing, my system is windows 7 professional,,, PLEASE HELP, I can't transfer files between my PC and...
  3. usb driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb driver problem: hello, I have a problem, my mobile "redmi a2" I can't find a solution - device driver installing failed - error code no. 10. I tried to deal with it in many ways and still nothing, my system is windows 7 professional,,, PLEASE HELP, I can't transfer files between my PC and...
  4. USB to UART driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to UART driver problem: USB to UART driver problem since upgrading to windows11. i used silicon labs cp210x before. does not work now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-to-uart-driver-problem/628035f4-47b3-4736-873a-e7d5773fc494
  5. USB to UART driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB to UART driver problem: USB to UART driver problem since upgrading to windows11. i used silicon labs cp210x before. does not work now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-to-uart-driver-problem/628035f4-47b3-4736-873a-e7d5773fc494
  6. Problems with WiFi and USB driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with WiFi and USB driver: I have the problem as below image. I tried to uninstall them and install others new but not work. I scanned by the OEM system Dell, still not work. Might it be broken inside the wifi card?...
  7. External USB Bluetooth and Driver Problem.

External USB Bluetooth and Driver Problem.: I get the following message when I set up my external USB bluetooth and driver: Device USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8771\00E04C239987 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_091E&PID_0B89\5&14e58fb7&0&2 Class Guid:...
  8. WiFi and USB Driver Problems

WiFi and USB Driver Problems: Hi all, after some hardware problems I had to restart my PC. Both, the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 as well as the USB Root Hub failed to load. According to the Device Manager, the Wifi Device cannot start (Code 10) and the USB Root Hub may be corrupt or missing (Code...
  9. 260ci Driver (USB) has a problem

260ci Driver (USB) has a problem: Epson ET 2550 scanner repeatedly not working due to it not being identified, however the printer is fully functioning, re installed works on and off, then have to re install again. Why?...
  10. USB connection or driver problem?

USB connection or driver problem?: I have Windows 10. One of my USB devices stopped working on my PC. I purchased another because I thought it was broken. My PC won't recognize my device, which is an MP3/USB device. Is it a driver problem or connection? Thanks for helping, Anita...