Windows 10: USB driver rollback

Discus and support USB driver rollback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an MP3 player that is not being recognized by my computer ever since a USB 3.0 extensible host controller driver update on 03JUN20. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tom86GA, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Tom86GA Win User

USB driver rollback

Hello, I have an MP3 player that is not being recognized by my computer ever since a USB 3.0 extensible host controller driver update on 03JUN20. The roll back driver option is grayed out, and I can't seem to find an old version of this driver anywhere. Can anybody tell me where to find this?

:)

Tom86GA, Nov 28, 2020

2. Touchpad missing from Device Manager - Toshiba Laptop Elan driver

Since the troubleshooting provided above didn't work and no available updates for your drivers, we suggest that you rollback a driver.

To rollback the driver, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on RollBack driver.

We also suggest that you contact your manufacturer for the option and suggestion that they can provide for this issue.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2020
  4. USB driver rollback

cannot detect USB-C port

Hi kuang801,

Getting the error was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match usually appears when an incompatible driver has been installed or trying to be installed on your PC. To work around this problem, please check out the following suggestions:

Suggestion 1: Rollback device driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click on the device for which you want to rollback the driver.
    • Click the Driver tab and then click Roll back driver.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Suggestion 2: Uninstall device driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click the Unknown USB device and click Uninstall. Make sure to check the box for
      Delete the driver software for this device.
    • Restart your computer.

If the issue still persists after doing the above steps, then it would be best to download and install the latest driver software from the device manufacturer's website.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

USB driver rollback

1. USB driver rollback - Similar Threads - USB driver rollback

2. Rollback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback: My windows 11 is giving me a lot of blue screens of deaths so i'm trying to go back to windows 10 for free and bring all my files from windows 11 to windows 10 please help. Urgent. Thanks...
  3. Rollback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback: My windows 11 is giving me a lot of blue screens of deaths so i'm trying to go back to windows 10 for free and bring all my files from windows 11 to windows 10 please help. Urgent. Thanks...
  4. Rollback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback: I'm deciding to rollback from Windows 11 to Windows 10, Using Windows.old folderWill it delete apps and my personal data after a rollback? I want to rollback using Recovery page in Settings btw...
  5. Rollback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback: I'm deciding to rollback from Windows 11 to Windows 10, Using Windows.old folderWill it delete apps and my personal data after a rollback? I want to rollback using Recovery page in Settings btw...
  6. No Rollback driver option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Rollback driver option: Hi, My Camera keeps switching on and off, so I tried to update my driver and follow the instructions in the guide, but the rollback driver option is not highli[ATTACH]ghted. Am attaching a Screenshot, can you please help me ASAP as I have interviews going on....
  7. Rollback

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rollback: When a bad Windows build is released how long should i wait before doing a rollback? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rollback/26b95787-a0b7-4266-8998-b9067a3ae633
  8. Kinect V2 unstable with newer Etron USB 3.0 drivers provided by Microsoft. How to rollback?

Kinect V2 unstable with newer Etron USB 3.0 drivers provided by Microsoft. How to rollback?: Lately Microsoft has been adding quite a few new Etron USB 3.0 drivers, I've seen like 3 in Aug and July. Though with Kinect they have unstable for me. Never allowing Kinect to get an FPS above 25 unlike previously or stay stable at all. When I install the "Kinect Runtime...
  9. Rollback driver using a bootable USB - is this possible?

Rollback driver using a bootable USB - is this possible?: Hello I updated a driver in Windows 10 last night and upon rebooting, my PC doesn't get past the Windows logo. Eventually a purple screen suggests something in wrong and it will "analyse". However no options work. Before I reinstall Windows, does anyone know if I...
  10. Driver Rollback unavailable in Device Manager

Driver Rollback unavailable in Device Manager: The driver rollback is grayed out (unavailable) for devices in the Device Manager. From what I find doing a search, the user must be an "Administrator" or it will be unavailable. My account is an Administrator account. What do I have to change to fix this? 30211