Windows 10: usb driver

Discus and support usb driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older Seagate external hard drive, I cant get it to run anymore shows error 10 and says the driver needs updating but when I do try updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robiffert, Aug 10, 2019.

1. robiffert Win User

usb driver

I have an older Seagate external hard drive, I cant get it to run anymore shows error 10 and says the driver needs updating but when I do try updating it it tells me that is the latest driver for it, btw I accidentaly clicked on a site and suddenly the pc went haywire it then popped up to call microsoftedge when I did call it was some company trying to sell me a firewall so I hung up any help on what they sis to my pc?

:)

robiffert, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 10, 2019
  3. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Aug 10, 2019
  4. spapakons Win User

usb driver

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

usb driver [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

usb driver [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

usb driver [​IMG]

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

usb driver [​IMG]

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

usb driver

1. usb driver - Similar Threads - usb driver

2. Orico 2.5/3.5 usb #.0 HDD Docking Station adn Windows 10 Driver issue. Device is tool...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Orico 2.5/3.5 usb #.0 HDD Docking Station adn Windows 10 Driver issue. Device is tool...: Hi Everyone i bought a docking Station as i am already running out of Storage and Sata Connection on my Board. i tried Orico 6619us3 its a single HDD docking Station. it's detected by windows 10 but shows as an External Drive Name NS1068 Device details are unavailable...
  3. Creative Sound BlasterX Katana cannot install USB driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative Sound BlasterX Katana cannot install USB driver: I brought new sound blasterX katana firstly I connected with PC by Bluetooth, it's work find then I updated firmware and install sound blaster connect. After lunch sound blaster connect it's notified "your audio device cannot be detected please check your connection". I...
  4. Xbox one elite controller USB driver issues

Xbox one elite controller USB driver issues: Whenever i connect my controller per usb on my windows 10 desktop it registers that it connects via the sound on the computer but the actual controller doesnt turn on. When i look for the driver of the controller it says its having issues with the driver but doesnt let it...
  5. No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything

No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything: First time posting here and I feel this is my last resort. I appreciate anyone willing to help and I'm going to provide a detailed rundown of the situation. So about to 2 days ago I noticed all my USB ports don't work. I check my drivers and to my surprise they were...
  6. USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors.

USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors.: I got a new USB headset and microphone for Skype and such. Plugged it in and got no sound, but the in-line mute and volume worked to control the built-in speakers in my computer. Looked in Device Manager and saw that the headset was listed under "Other Devices" with an...
  7. Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver: My Lenovo G510 has 2 USB-3 ports. Updated windows 10 have changed USB Controller driver to 1.0 (Microsoft) resulting my USB 3 speed is not more than USB2. My device is Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller (C220/C610) and windows does not allow to change driver even...
  8. I uninstalled USB DAC Drivers and can't reinstall them

I uninstalled USB DAC Drivers and can't reinstall them: In attempting to fix my microphone not working in a game, i uninstalled it and its drivers. I restarted my pc, and when i try to reinstall them, i get this error: [ATTACH] Has anyone had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it? I'm running windows 10....
  9. USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation: Device USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700\5&16aceb2e&0&3 requires further installation.\ Hi, I am getting this error when i'm using USB to ethernet port on my computer, and it is not getting connected....
  10. No USB midi input until Ryzen chipset driver installed

No USB midi input until Ryzen chipset driver installed: This took me a few hours to figure out, and seems like a lot of others have had this same problem. Hopefully this helps someone. For reference, I have a Gigabyte GA-AX370 motherboard, with a Ryzen CPU. So this isn't directly for people using Intel stuff, but maybe it can...