Windows 10: USB drivers architecture general questions

Discus and support USB drivers architecture general questions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If you have two identical model USB printers plugged to the same machine, how does the printer know to print to the right one, is it based on what port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by f6tfdsff, Jul 7, 2018.

1. f6tfdsff Win User

USB drivers architecture general questions

If you have two identical model USB printers plugged to the same machine, how does the printer know to print to the right one, is it based on what port the printer is plugged into or do all USB devices have unique IDs.

When you plug a USB device in (E.G keyboard) if I understand Windows will normally have the drivers and install them, what confuses me is if I unplug the keyboard and plug into a different USB slot, it will configure for the new slot.
    What is Windows doing, is it reinstalling drivers or configuring the port to work with this USB device? and if so what does setting it up mean and where is the information stored.

:)

f6tfdsff, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Clark Ari Win User

generic Generic pnp monitor Driver

Hi Saaketh,

The error message Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card likely occurs due to outdated or corrupted graphic card driver. To better assist you, kindly provide the answers to the
    following questions:

• Which version of Windows are you using?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we recommend that you update your driver by following the steps provided on this
    link. The article will provide you step by step instruction to update your device driver.

We're looking forward to your response.

Clark Ari, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 7, 2018
  4. USB drivers architecture general questions

USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

USB drivers architecture general questions

1. USB drivers architecture general questions - Similar Threads - USB drivers architecture

2. Some general driver inf file questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some general driver inf file questions: I'm trying to update a driver from windows 7 to windows 10. The drier will only be installed on systems with intel chips.1. Microsoft requires that the .inf file contain a NTamd64 but doesn't require a NTia64 section. Isn't NTia64 what I want, considering that it is for...
  3. Some general driver inf file questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some general driver inf file questions: I'm trying to update a driver from windows 7 to windows 10. The drier will only be installed on systems with intel chips.1. Microsoft requires that the .inf file contain a NTamd64 but doesn't require a NTia64 section. Isn't NTia64 what I want, considering that it is for...
  4. Some general driver inf file questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. general question

in Windows 10 Support
    general question: ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz Installed RAM8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable) Device ID2A19870F-A938-4F6A-A546-98CBA23F63BA Product ID00330-80000-00000-AA420 System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touchNo pen or touch input is...
  6. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: I just had a general question about a setup that I have done. I built my PC and I have an M.2SSD which the os and programs are installed on. From there, I have two SSD drives which I put all the recent jobs that Im working on. From there, I have a dedicated scratch SSD that...
  7. General question

in Windows 10 Support
    General question: I'm trying to help a friend. Ever since he installed the newest Windows 10 updates all of his non-window icons have disappeared. The exe file for his antivirus is not visible (although it says it's properly installed). Something as simply as a yahoo mail app can't be found....
  8. General question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    General question: I realize this doesn't pertain directly to Microsoft. I just trying to seek an answer. This morning I opened my computer and I haven't opened a browser. This popup was on my screen. It reads: Security Alert. Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is...
  9. Question About General Drivers' Dates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question About General Drivers' Dates: Hello, so I've noticed this a long time ago, and it's stil the case. I'm just curious to why the majority of general drivers' dates in the Device Manager are dated as: 6/21/2006 Why so old? Why hasn't there been updates to those drivers ever (since 2006)? I'm just curious...
  10. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: Guys, I know this is not really about Windows10. However I trust your opinion in matters of tech! So, what I want to know is about my Phone. It has an internal only battery, so I can't remove it. Does this mean that it can always be Tracked?? (Like in he movies).*Sad 82232