Windows 10: USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).

Discus and support USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)). in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, About 3 days ago, I was doing some normal browsing on my computer running Windows 10, version 1909. Suddenly, my computer went to a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Jul 26, 2020.

1. lolcocks Win User

USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).

Hello,

About 3 days ago, I was doing some normal browsing on my computer running Windows 10, version 1909.

Suddenly, my computer went to a black screen and froze. I had to manually press the restart button.

After that incident, my USB drivers are not loading. Luckily my mouse is working.

To start my USB drivers, I need to manually disable them and then enable them.

Why is this happening?

USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)). [​IMG]

:)

lolcocks, Jul 26, 2020

2. USB WIFI DRIVERS - "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if the drivers are outdated.

I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article “Fix: "This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows” and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/943104

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    USB to Serial Cable driver error; This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Hello Tom,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

A Code 10 error is generated in Device Manager in one of the following situations:

• Device Manager cannot start the device.

• One of the drivers that the device needs does not start.

• Device Manager has insufficient information to recognize the error that is bubbled up by the device driver.

Note: In this situation, the Code 10 error can be a very generic message that indicates some kind of unspecified driver or device problem.

I suggest you to refer to the link below on Fix: “This device cannot start” Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows
    and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/943104

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Anna Bol Win User

USB-Speakers, USB Composite Device Cannot start. (Code 10)

Hello Monty,

The code that you’re getting is a common driver error. This could sometimes mean that a driver for a specific device is failing to load which could be your smart card reader or other USB composite device. To isolate the issue, kindly provide us the following
    information:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?
    • Do you have any external other device connected via USB?
    • How did you update your USB Composite Device drivers?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Uninstall the Driver

1. Go to Device Manager.
    2. Locate the device that is causing the code 10 error. Right-click it and select Uninstall on the context menu.
    3. When prompted to confirm the uninstallation, check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click the OK button.
    4. Restart your computer and check to see if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Update the driver

You can update the driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for the device that has the code 10 error, and search for the most recent correct driver. You may also follow these steps on how to update the USB
    composite device driver via Device manager:

1. Hit Windows key + R key together to open Run dialog box.

Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
    2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers dialog.

Find and right-click on USB Composite Device.

Then click Update Driver Software.
    3. Click Search automatically for updated driver software.

After doing the said methods, check if the issue persists.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)). - Similar Threads - USB Drivers device

2. This device cannot start. (code 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This device cannot start. (code 10): While playing League of Legends on my Lenovo ideapad 330 the laptop shut down by itself. After booting it back up (it took longer than usual) my keyboard wasnt working. Booting it up takes longer now. There is a yellow triangle next to to the Standard PS/2 Keyboard in...
  3. Device Cannot Start Code 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Cannot Start Code 10.: Hi guys. Need some help. My Bose Soundtouch speaker had worked away quite happily for 2 years now all of a sudden nothing from my laptop will play through the speaker. After much messing about, i found the above warning against the speaker in Device Manager. As for fixing...
  4. USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).

USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).: Hello, About 3 days ago, I was doing some normal browsing on my computer running Windows 10, version 1909. Suddenly, my computer went to a black screen and froze. I had to manually press the restart button. After that incident, my USB drivers are not loading. Luckily my...
  5. this device cannot start. code 10 usb mass storage device

this device cannot start. code 10 usb mass storage device: Hi, I had terrible problem for some time already cannot fix it. I search online help but so far nothing is helping. new line. For some reason my external hard drive is not showing up in the window Explorer. Even though a few days ago everything was okay. When I go to device...
  6. Wifi driver in Win 10 : This device cannot start Code 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi driver in Win 10 : This device cannot start Code 10.: I'm using ASUS ROG Strix SCAR III G731GU. I was not able to connect my laptop to the Wi-Fi so I checked in Device Manager under Network Adapters and found out that my Wi-Fi adapter Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz is not working. I tried updating driver but it kept saying that...
  7. this device cannot start (code 10)

this device cannot start (code 10): I have tried lots of repair advices without resolving the problem! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-device-cannot-start-code-10/142326f7-1a73-4c35-9fd3-984700c81ded
  8. This device cannot start (code 10)

This device cannot start (code 10): Hello someone please help me cause i am officially losing my mind. my setup is a MSI GS65 Stealth Thin. It all started when i was going to install adobe Photoshop. it couldn't install because something was running so i restarted and everything was fine. but i had to...
  9. Error code 10 (This device cannot start)

Error code 10 (This device cannot start): Hello, I have been trying to fix this error for the past few hours with no luck. Having this error with my ADATA UV150 32GB USB flash drive. The laptop I am using is Lenovo ideapad 100S (14). The things I have tried: obviously restarting the pc; switching between all...
  10. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller - This device cannot start. Code 10

USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller - This device cannot start. Code 10: Hello, i'm new here and also kinda newbie when it comes to computers and fixing the issues associated with them, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for me to be, but I'm here in hopes of finding the solution for my problem. So what happened? When i go to Device...