Windows 10: USB drives disconnect and reconnect during large uses of internet

Discus and support USB drives disconnect and reconnect during large uses of internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Something that has really been irritating recently is the disconnecting and reconnecting of my USB drives. To start off with, I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Boad, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Boad Win User

USB drives disconnect and reconnect during large uses of internet

Hi all,

Something that has really been irritating recently is the disconnecting and reconnecting of my USB drives. To start off with, I have a TP-Link Wireless adaptor to connect my computer to the router in my house. For three years it has done its job and given my PC a wireless connection and when I'm doing daily things using the internet like joining a channel on Discord or playing an MMO or MOBA game, it's perfectly fine. However when I'm doing something very intensive like streaming on Twitch or multiple things at the same time (like watching a long Youtube video whilst playing an online game, talking to people over VOIP and downloading something on Steam) everything that is connected to the PC via a USB slot will disconnect and then reconnect moments later. This wouldn't be too bad but because my WiFi adaptor is USB it means that it disconnects as well so I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working again and annoyingly go through everything to reconnect all the software once the adaptor is up and running again. Also makes trying to stream on Twitch incredibly frustrating.

Any help on this issue is massively appreciated. Thanks.

- Boad

:)

2. Router disconnects from internet and reconnects

My router has been acting up lately. Its been disconnecting from the internet and eventually reconnects overtime. But the disconnect happens so frequently, its annoying and I've reverted to asking for help.

RyserPhoenix, Nov 12, 2018
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 12, 2018
  4. sevensss Win User

Usb3 hdd disconnected on copy or install large files

thanks for replay

i don't think it's power problem cuz i did some testing on live Windows disk

list of my tries to fix problem
    1.disabled Suspend device in power option.
    2.disabled legacy USB in bios.
    3.uninstalling driver USB 3.0 and reinstalling.
    any suggestion?

sevensss, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. USB drives disconnect and reconnect during large uses of internet - Similar Threads - USB drives disconnect

2. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  3. USB disconnect and reconnect issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB disconnect and reconnect issues: This has been a recent issue of mine where my headset, keyboard, mouse, and wifi adapter etc., will disconnect suddenly and reconnect a second later. Not sure if it is a Windows software issue or a hardware issue of mine. I thought I would come on here to ask as I am new to...
  4. USB disconnect and reconnect issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB disconnect and reconnect issues: This has been a recent issue of mine where my headset, keyboard, mouse, and wifi adapter etc., will disconnect suddenly and reconnect a second later. Not sure if it is a Windows software issue or a hardware issue of mine. I thought I would come on here to ask as I am new to...
  5. USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.

USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.: Around a week ago I reset my pc, and now for some reason, at random intervals, even up to every few seconds, all these usb devices all disconnect then reconnect, which include my keyboard and mouse. I have no idea what could be causing this and I've already ran sfc & dism,...
  6. Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly using ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly using ethernet: Greetings,I just built a new PC with Windows 11, everything is working smoothly, however, my internet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly every few minutes/seconds.I am using Ethernet BTW, but my PC has Wifi as well Which is disconnectedI really don't...
  7. Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly using ethernet

Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly using ethernet: Greetings,I just built a new PC with Windows 11, everything is working smoothly, however, my internet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly every few minutes/seconds.I am using Ethernet BTW, but my PC has Wifi as well Which is disconnectedI really don't...
  8. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  9. Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting: So as the the title says my usb remote control constantly disconnects and reconnects, i have tried every fix mentioned by searching the web to no avail. The OS is windows 10, i know its not the device because when i plug it into my daughter and sons laptops it works fine,...
  10. USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting: Hello everyone! Lately I've been experiencing a problem with my network adapter (and other USB devices along with it) disconnecting and reconnecting. And before anyone asks yes, I've searched whole internet upside down for answers and tried every possible fix that I could...