Windows 10: USB Drives Failure?

Discus and support USB Drives Failure? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I think I made a mistake. I accidentally installed en-us_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_21h2_x64_dvd_6cfdb144 when I intended to install it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GamingFennex, Jan 20, 2022.

1. USB Drives Failure?

Hi, I think I made a mistake. I accidentally installed en-us_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_21h2_x64_dvd_6cfdb144 when I intended to install it to a VM. After this mistake, I've found that my USB drives are not working. I try multiple ports, and multiple devices a flash drive and multiple USB headphones, and despite the sound of something connecting, it doesn't show up anywhere. I've tried updating anything under the USB section in my devices, but they're apparently all up to date. I do notice that when I connect anything, nothing shows up in the disk management section.Does anyone kno

:)

GamingFennex, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jan 20, 2022
  3. A Gray Win User
    USB Pen Drive Failure

Thanks spunk. I have tried what you have suggested but no joy it is not recognised by Disk Management, so I would guess that the drive has indeed failed. I get the error message attached when inserting the drive but that is all.
    USB Drives Failure? [​IMG]

A Gray, Jan 20, 2022
  4. thraxed Win User

USB Drives Failure?

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

USB Drives Failure?

1. USB Drives Failure? - Similar Threads - USB Drives Failure

2. USB Descriptor Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Descriptor Failure: I have a descriptor device failure also but it is only the Fitbit usb charger for Sense Fitbit. Everything else works. It will finally charge but it makes that weird noise the whole time it is charging and it is very slow. Is there a known solution for this? I am running a...
  3. USB Descriptor Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Descriptor Failure: I have a descriptor device failure also but it is only the Fitbit usb charger for Sense Fitbit. Everything else works. It will finally charge but it makes that weird noise the whole time it is charging and it is very slow. Is there a known solution for this? I am running a...
  4. USB Drives Failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Drives Failure?: Hi, I think I made a mistake. I accidentally installed en-us_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_21h2_x64_dvd_6cfdb144 when I intended to install it to a VM. After this mistake, I've found that my USB drives are not working. I try multiple ports, and multiple devices a flash...
  5. USB Drives Failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drives Failure?: Hi, I think I made a mistake. I accidentally installed en-us_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_21h2_x64_dvd_6cfdb144 when I intended to install it to a VM. After this mistake, I've found that my USB drives are not working. I try multiple ports, and multiple devices a flash...
  6. Windows 10 OS USB Drive Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 OS USB Drive Failure: For about 1.5 years now on and off, I've been trying to fix this Windows 10 OS, to work and boot with my PC. I tried again today and it showed the same message as it always does. Many people have told me to just put it in another computer and un-corrupt it, but every time I...
  7. Windows 10 OS USB Drive Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 OS USB Drive Failure: Hi, a while ago about 10-11 ish months I ordered a Windows 10 USB OEM from the Microsoft online store. I tried to put it into my pc keep in kind this was still 10-11 months ago and it wouldn't let me in. I don't 100% remember what It said but I just decided to put it down and...
  8. USB FAILURE

USB FAILURE: 3 out of my 4 USB ports suddenly (a week maybe) quit working. I went to Device Manager and unchecked the power management option for power saving, but no help. Clicking on each individual port says this divice is working. Rebooting several times was no help. The one that...
  9. USB failure

USB failure: Problem with win 10 usb not recognizing devices ? Is there a better driver to fix usb recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-failure/d8ea8486-3e39-4588-bf65-26ba43f3c2ae
  10. USB Pen Drive Failure

USB Pen Drive Failure: I have a Toshiba 16GB pen drive on to which I was copying programs from my Downloads Folder when for no apparent reason it crashed while copying Ashampoo Office 12 (no power failure or accidental pressing of a key). The pen drive is now inaccessible and is not recognised by...