Windows 10: USB drvice problem. (Code 38)

Discus and support USB drvice problem. (Code 38) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have problem attaching USB devices. When I attach USB flash drive or USB HDD or CD card I receive this error: Windows cannot load the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Светослав_Спасов, Apr 21, 2019.

1. USB drvice problem. (Code 38)

Hello.

I have problem attaching USB devices.

When I attach USB flash drive or USB HDD or CD card I receive this error:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory.

The interesting thing is that I have attached 2 USB devices that work: USB wireless dongle for mouse and external hard drive.

I tried uninstalling USB controller and then restart the laptop. The problem is still present.

I tried installing USB Fix from Microsoft. It couldn't solve the problem.

I think that the problem appears after the last Win Update.

HP ProBook 6560b

:)

Светослав_Спасов, Apr 21, 2019
  2. LILHWB Win User

Error Code 38- Problem with USB Printers

I have visited Vinodh Kumar comments on Error Code 38...I had a problem for two days on my two printers with that code. Under Universal Serial Bus controllers,I have seven different Host controllers. Which one has to do with the printer problems? There
    are over 20 items under USB controllers. I have the latest Wdos 10 program and he latest updates as of today.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Eror Code 38

LILHWB, Apr 21, 2019
  3. fg1926 Win User
    38-character "product code"

I ran the troubleshooter for uninstalling a program that isn't listed in Windows 10 apps list that is described at http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

The troubleshooter asks for a 38-character product code.

To find the code, I tried running this command in a command prompt and an administrative command prompt:

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product

That was not recognized as a command. Next, in Powershell, I ran
    Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product. I got a list of installed apps with 38-character codes, but the one that I want to uninstall was not on the list.

What should I try next?

fg1926, Apr 21, 2019
  4. USB drvice problem. (Code 38)

Error code 38 on usb

Hi,

I have windows 10 version 1709 & am up to update KB4093105 (which i believe is the latest).

My USB is not working when my computer is started from cold.......to expand on this............when i plug in my usb i get '' windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device is still in the memory (code
    38)''.

I have tried updating the driver, disabling the device & uninstalling the device in device manager but this does not cure the fault, i also ran the troubleshooter that detects the fault but doesnt fix it.

When i restart the computer the usb works once until its disconnected, then when plug in again the error 38 appears again.

This may have happened after i installed update KB4093110 but i am not sure on that.

Does anybody have any ideas on how i can cure this problem?.

Mike

MikeBuckler, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

USB drvice problem. (Code 38)

1. USB drvice problem. (Code 38) - Similar Threads - USB drvice problem

2. USB Root Hub USB 3.0 CODE 38

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Root Hub USB 3.0 CODE 38: we been having this issue where all usb port goes down on different computers with different models the only permanent solution we have found is installing a usb card once the driver for the card are installed all the port com back up. we have tried multiple fixes on the...
  3. USB Root Hub USB 3.0 CODE 38

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Root Hub USB 3.0 CODE 38: we been having this issue where all usb port goes down on different computers with different models the only permanent solution we have found is installing a usb card once the driver for the card are installed all the port com back up. we have tried multiple fixes on the...
  4. USB Root Hub USB 3.0 CODE 38

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Error Code 38

USB Error Code 38: Since the last update of Windows 10 I have been getting the error code 38 for any USB device that I use. If I restart my computer put the USB in, then it will work. But if I take it out and then put it back in I get the error code 38. It does not matter if I use safely eject...
  6. USB Error Code 38

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Error Code 38: Since the last update of Windows 10 I have been getting the error code 38 for any USB device that I use. If I restart my computer put the USB in, then it will work. But if I take it out and then put it back in I get the error code 38. It does not matter if I use safely eject...
  7. USB Error Code 38

8. Error code 38: Windows USB Devices not working

Error code 38: Windows USB Devices not working: I have just recently started having an issue where my USB flash drive devices will no longer work after being plugged in and removed once. It is possible that USB flash drive devices have not been working for a while now because I do not regularly use them, but regardless, I...
  9. USB Drive Problem code 38

USB Drive Problem code 38: Hi, I've been having this problem from yesterday. I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I have 2 external drives that are all the time attached to the PC. Since yesterday I realized only 1 of them is displayed in Explorer. I tried many things: uninstall the USB driver from device...
  10. USB device problem. (Code 38)

USB device problem. (Code 38): Hello. I have problem attaching USB devices. When I attach USB flash drive or USB HDD or CD card I receive this error: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38) The driver could...