Windows 10: USB Duplication in Explorer

Discus and support USB Duplication in Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just bought two new SanDisk 32 GB USBs and when I insert each of them in my Vaio laptop, it show as duplicated - showing "This PC - removable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clydesdale, Nov 2, 2015.

1. USB Duplication in Explorer

I have just bought two new SanDisk 32 GB USBs and when I insert each of them in my Vaio laptop, it show as duplicated - showing "This PC - removable disk (E) and the other just removable disk (E). Even the contents I have put on one have been duplicated. Can anyone tell me if I can just continue by saving to one of these drives, or am I building up future problems for myself by leaving it as it is please? (03/11/15)

USB Duplication in Explorer [​IMG]

:)

Clydesdale, Nov 2, 2015
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 2, 2015
  3. duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer

This FIX resolved my problem of duplicating USB drives in left hand tree in Windows 10 File Explorer

Stephen H Stegemann, Nov 2, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

USB Duplication in Explorer

Hello Clydesdale, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

This is normal. You have one for it under "This PC", and another once for it as a separate group in the navigation pane.

If you like, you can use the tutorial below to remove drives as separate groups in the navigation pane.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 2, 2015
  5. Thank you so much Brink. I thought I had done something wrong. If this is normal, then I will just leave it as it is, if it doesn't cause any problems. Never come across it before which made me uncertain. Many thanks again *Smile

Clydesdale, Nov 2, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. It won't hurt anything if you wanted to remove them. It's just a personal choice that you can turn on and off at will. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Duplication in Explorer

1. USB Duplication in Explorer - Similar Threads - USB Duplication Explorer

2. WIndows Explorer Search duplicates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows Explorer Search duplicates.: Has anyone been having problems with the search function in Windows Explorer showing repeat search results? Whenever I try to search something that has more than 36 results, such as photos, it repeats almost each of those results. Clicking on one result will also select the...
  3. Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer: Hi there, Recently i got duplicated drives in Windows explorer, see the screenshot. Any idea how to fix? [img] 155957
  4. Duplicate USB to desktop folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate USB to desktop folder?: I'm trying to create a folder that contains an exact duplicate of my USB that updates its contents every time files are changed/updated/added within the USB. This is basically just a backup of my USB that stays on my laptop. At the moment I just have a shortcut to my USB in...
  5. Duplicate File Explorer Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate File Explorer Icon: After no issues since installing Windows 10 when it was first released, my File Explorer icon now opens a duplicate icon to the right of my pinned icons on the taskbar. All new instances of File Explorer open in a group under the new icon. When I hover over the new icon, it...
  6. duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer: Why has Microsoft not created a fix for this common problem with an update? There seem to be a huge number of people who have this problem and there was no clear answer from Microsoft in the closed thread on how to fix this issue. Personally I do not want to be editing the...
  7. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a...
  8. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash...
  9. Remove duplicate USB icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove duplicate USB icon: Why are usb symbols repeating? How can I remove extra items? Windows 10 Pro [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/remove-duplicate-usb-icon/196f0657-d0f7-4d50-baae-90a463fdb397
  10. Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer: Here is a screen shot of the left hand panel of File Explorer. Note it shows two entries for My Passport 1TB (X*Smile. That is, of course, my external USB drive. When I open either one of them the same file and folder list appears Why does that drive it show up twice? And,...