Windows 10: USB DVD drive isn't recognized after being removed and reconnected

Discus and support USB DVD drive isn't recognized after being removed and reconnected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer: Surface Book laptop OS: Windows 10 v.1809 USB DVD: Samsung SE-S084 DVD drive Device: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-S084C USB Device Driver version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MeghanElizondo, Jun 3, 2019.

1. USB DVD drive isn't recognized after being removed and reconnected

Computer: Surface Book laptop

USB DVD: Samsung SE-S084 DVD drive

Device: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-S084C USB Device

Driver version is 10.0.17763.1

The drive works ok when connected to laptop at startup/restart. But if I remove it and reconnect it while the laptop is on, it's not recognized.

1) I checked the Device Manager -> CDROM driver for updates to driver. It said it's using the best driver for my cdrom, whatever that means. The device keeps dropping and reconnecting. When it is showing up, it says the drive is working properly. But since Explorer doesn't see it, something's not working.

2) I tried swapping to the other USB port but it doesn't make a difference. Both USB ports work fine with other devices.

3) The CDROM doesn't get recognized by the laptop unless the laptop is connected to the power charger. So I'm keeping it connected to the power charger.

I'm looking for a functional, useful solution (not restart).

Thank you!

:)

MeghanElizondo, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 3, 2019
  4. USB DVD drive isn't recognized after being removed and reconnected

CD/DVD drive not recognized

---I'm okay with opening latops. I've opened this one 3 times, adding SSD HD and upgrading RAM. I'll be able to try this later on, Friday, probably. With it spinning up when a CD is inserted, I'm not sure this would help. I'd appreciate advice on this.

USB DVD drive isn't recognized after being removed and reconnected [​IMG]

DellySheCorte, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

USB DVD drive isn't recognized after being removed and reconnected

1. USB DVD drive isn't recognized after being removed and reconnected - Similar Threads - USB DVD drive

2. USB Microphone is not being recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone is not being recognized: I have a usb microphone, and when I plug it in, my computer make the noise that windows makes when a new device is plugged in. But when I go to select it as my audio device, it does not show up in the input options. Furthermore, It also does not show up on device manager when...
  3. USB Headset not being recognized

USB Headset not being recognized: I recently bought an Arcus 150T gaming headset. When i plugged it into my laptop i heard a noise as if someone was repeatedly tapping on the outside of the headset. The headset itself is not being recognised and isnt outputting any forms of audio but the rgb on the headset is...
  4. Bluetooth Keyboard Won't Reconnect After Being Removed

Bluetooth Keyboard Won't Reconnect After Being Removed: Hello, My bluetooth Keyboard Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard or something like that suddenly started performing different actions to what the buttons were meant to do earlier today. F3, instead of turning the volume down, performed the same action as pressing Control+F....
  5. Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.

Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.: The drive i use to install windows with will not be detected in any of my usb ports or on my wifes pc or my sons pc. Bios don't even see it. Any program i can use to at least get the files off it and then pitch it in the garbage. I ordered a new one a sandisk solid state...
  6. Windows 10 isn't recognizing my dvd/cd drive.

Windows 10 isn't recognizing my dvd/cd drive.: I have a Lenovo 420s 2nd gen with Windows 10 enterprise and I cant get it to recognize my dvd/cd reader writer, either the one installed or external. I've had no luck changing this. Any ideas?...
  7. dvd drive not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd drive not recognized: I upgraded windows 7 to 10 when it came out but I failed to install the dvd player at the time, I went to purchase it from microsoft but the app doesnt recognize the drive f at all and the driver say cd not dvd not sure what to do at this point *Moved from Windows Vista to...
  8. DVD drive not recognized?

DVD drive not recognized?: The DVD drive in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) does not recognize the CDs. [ATTACH] The CDs are shown in file managers / other programs, there the drive letter is shown: [ATTACH] Drive Manger, Win: [ATTACH] How could the CD shown by all programs? 128554
  9. DVD drive not recognized?

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD drive not recognized?: The DVD drive in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) does not recognize the CDs. [ATTACH] The CDs are shown in file managers / other programs, there the drive letter is shown: [ATTACH] Drive Manger, Win: [ATTACH] How could the CD shown by all programs? 128554
  10. USB flash not being recognized

USB flash not being recognized: Even rebooting won't make my Windows 10 Home program recognize a USB flash drive plugged into any port of the computer. I've tried three different flash drives, including two that are new and one that plays in the car. I don't get that musical note that tells me the computer...