Windows 10: USB/DVD

Discus and support USB/DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I insert USB, the DVD opens up instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usbdvd/8331da2d-5a57-40d7-8a00-2b8bc75fe42c Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MayFulton, Mar 21, 2019.

1. MayFulton Win User

USB/DVD

When I insert USB, the DVD opens up instead.

:)

MayFulton, Mar 21, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

Use Option Two in Brinks tutorial and in step #6 choose DVD instead of USB.

Edwin, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

USB/DVD

Driver for USB CS/DVD burner

Hi Peter,

For better assistance in checking the compatibility of your external USB CD/DVD burner with Windows 10, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of the burner.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Riel Alc, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

USB/DVD

1. USB/DVD - Similar Threads - USB DVD

2. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...: This is going to be a lot of info but if you think you can help please take the time to read it or at least skim through it.I bought the LG BP60NB10 Slim Portable Blu-ray / DVD Writer about 6 months ago and used it a few times to get data off of some old dvds. I put it back...
  3. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...: This is going to be a lot of info but if you think you can help please take the time to read it or at least skim through it.I bought the LG BP60NB10 Slim Portable Blu-ray / DVD Writer about 6 months ago and used it a few times to get data off of some old dvds. I put it back...
  4. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to get dvd onto usb for windows instilation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get dvd onto usb for windows instilation: how to get windows dvd onto usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-dvd-onto-usb-for-windows-instilation/21ad49b0-f637-4d68-a45f-eee375484f7b
  6. how to get dvd onto usb for windows instilation

how to get dvd onto usb for windows instilation: how to get windows dvd onto usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-dvd-onto-usb-for-windows-instilation/21ad49b0-f637-4d68-a45f-eee375484f7b
  7. Installing Windows 11 on windows 10 laptop without any DVD or USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 11 on windows 10 laptop without any DVD or USB: How can I download Windows 11 software on a Windows 10 laptop without any DVD or USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-11-on-windows-10-laptop-without/629197d6-928f-432d-bd4a-13e069b6ae13
  8. Installing Windows 11 on windows 10 laptop without any DVD or USB

Installing Windows 11 on windows 10 laptop without any DVD or USB: How can I download Windows 11 software on a Windows 10 laptop without any DVD or USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-11-on-windows-10-laptop-without/629197d6-928f-432d-bd4a-13e069b6ae13
  9. I accidentally purchased a windows 11 pro dvd license instead of a usb one, my pc has no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally purchased a windows 11 pro dvd license instead of a usb one, my pc has no...: I have tried downloading windows 11 through a windows installation tool, and then trying to switch the license code, this did not work. Am I outta luck here? I can no longer return it...
  10. I accidentally purchased a windows 11 pro dvd license instead of a usb one, my pc has no...

I accidentally purchased a windows 11 pro dvd license instead of a usb one, my pc has no...: I have tried downloading windows 11 through a windows installation tool, and then trying to switch the license code, this did not work. Am I outta luck here? I can no longer return it...