Windows 10: USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to...

Discus and support USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I turn off the computer, the power in the USB ports also turns off. I tried ticking off the boxes "allow computer to turn off this device to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BennyDeDog, Dec 1, 2020.

1. USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to...

When I turn off the computer, the power in the USB ports also turns off.

I tried ticking off the boxes "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" of all my USB hubs via Device Manager, but this doesn't make any difference.

It used to work until the last system update. This problem arises anew after every system update. This time however I'm unable to fix it.

:)

BennyDeDog, Dec 1, 2020
  2. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Dec 1, 2020
  3. HojabrA Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Dec 1, 2020
  4. USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to...

disable "allow the computer to turn off this device" script

I have a bunch of USB storage devices connected to my computer and they always go to sleep until I try to access something on them and then they start up but there is always a pause. I know how to disable this by going into the device manager and manually unchecking "allow the computer to turn off this device".

Is there any type of script that I can run to do this automatically? I have many USB devices I have to do this for and whenever I restore my computer I need to go back and uncheck all my devices.

CampNowhere, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to...

1. USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to... - Similar Threads - USB electricity turns

2. USB devices randomly turning off and on suddenly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices randomly turning off and on suddenly.: Hello,Just today I have started having this issue. My USB devices will randomly disconnect and reconnect. They reconnect very quickly. I have a desktop, I will attach my specs.Any help would be much appreciated!...
  3. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  4. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  5. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Computer turning on is a turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on is a turn off.: My computer sometimes turns itself on when it's unattended. I thought it was being used by a bitcoin miner, but virus checks didn't show anything.To prevent it happening I started turning off the net using software before putting it to sleep or shutting down. standard menu...
  7. USB devices turn off at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices turn off at startup: This problem came up due to Windows updates breaking USB drivers in 2015, 2017, and 2018. Perhaps again since, these are just from the first page of Google.It seems they managed to stop breaking drivers, but never found a way to fix the problem in place. I think a program I...
  8. disable "allow the computer to turn off this device" script

disable "allow the computer to turn off this device" script: I have a bunch of USB storage devices connected to my computer and they always go to sleep until I try to access something on them and then they start up but there is always a pause. I know how to disable this by going into the device manager and manually unchecking "allow...
  9. WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off: I have noticed that when I have turned off my computer my wifi turns off on all overs devices. However, when my computer is turned back on, wifi turns on back. What do I have to do?...
  10. Allow PC to turn off device

Allow PC to turn off device: Good day I am currently having an issue with USB and HID devices on a Del 5289 2 in 1 laptop... When I check the sleep states supported by the laptop it gives me S0 only but Windows 10 has this funny option which is ticked or turned on by default which is: "Allow the...