Windows 10: USB Error Code 45 Device Descriptor Request Failed Constant Reconnecting

Discus and support USB Error Code 45 Device Descriptor Request Failed Constant Reconnecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Over the past 2 months I've been getting a usb error popup that tells me a usb device was not recognized. Its not a solution, but I turned off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alkharest 764, Mar 31, 2020.

1. USB Error Code 45 Device Descriptor Request Failed Constant Reconnecting

Over the past 2 months I've been getting a usb error popup that tells me a usb device was not recognized. Its not a solution, but I turned off the notification popup and turned down System sounds in my volume mixer so I didn't have to keep listening to the constant connect/disconnect sounds for now. Whenever I enter Device Manager, it keeps refreshing due to an "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed - Code 45" in my Universal Serial Bus Controllers drop down menu. USB Error Code 45 Device Descriptor Request Failed Constant Reconnecting 6ace7231-830f-4e97-9295-2cd957857432?upload=true.png

As shown, the unknown USB device is grayed out without the yellow exclamation mark. Whenever I try to uninstall it, it always reinstalls itself. For some odd reason, the hardware troubleshooter is nowhere to be found in my Control Panel I don't have Windows 10 Home activated yet. I've tried doing an sfc scan, a DISM scan, toyed with USB power management in Power Options, hard-booted my PC countless times, recently flashed my BIOS, updated my chipset drivers and even went into Regedit to try to delete the error registry key, but it wouldn't let me even delete when I checked the boxes in permissions. I built this computer myself and I hope I don't just have a faulty USB port.

This error greatly hinders me when I play games. Due to the constant USB error, most of the games I play on Steam have really bad lag and frame-skipping. The only USB devices I have plugged currently are my m/kb and the only other devices that I remember plugging into my PC were 2 other mouses, a Logitech headset, 2 thumb drives, a Bluetooth wireless adapter for an Xbox controller There is not Bluetooth on this device, so I just use a usb cord instead and my iPhone with a lightning to USB cable.

I'm not really a tech-savvy person so help is greatly appreciated!

:)

Alkharest 764, Mar 31, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 31, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Mar 31, 2020
  4. titan5800 Win User

USB Error Code 45 Device Descriptor Request Failed Constant Reconnecting

a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

USB Error Code 45 Device Descriptor Request Failed Constant Reconnecting

1. USB Error Code 45 Device Descriptor Request Failed Constant Reconnecting - Similar Threads - USB Error Code

2. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed: I've had a bit of a story about this one controller that I am trying to get to work on my dell laptop. I get the following error when plugging it in "USB device not recognized The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it"...
  3. USB Device descriptor request failed

USB Device descriptor request failed: I have a surface pro 7 and every time I put on the signature type cover it tells me usb device not recognized. I have tried everything to fix this. It use to work but now wont. I thought it might be the type cover but the new one I bought says the same thing....
  4. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  5. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed Error

USB Device Descriptor Request Failed Error: A few days back perhaps just after my recent update Windows 10 pro mysurface pro 3 suddenly stopped recognizing my external USB mic. To check if it was just my mic, I tried a various other USB devices like pen drives of different formatting and different capacities, even an...
  6. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  7. USB device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device descriptor request failed: i have a generic usb controller that was working fine but then stopped working and showed this error. At first i thought it is an issue with the controller but the same happen with another usb controller. I've tried every method to fix it but none worked. Edit-code 43...
  8. 'Ghost' USB constantly reconnects (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

'Ghost' USB constantly reconnects (Device Descriptor Request Failed): Hello all. I've been searching this problem online but I can't find a solution that actually works for me. Though others have had this problem too, there's a little caveat to mine which I'll get to in a bit. I have the item showing up in Devices & Printers named "Unknown...
  9. A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.: Please fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-request-for-the-usb-device-descriptor-failed/7386ba09-376f-417e-8d67-85294c79aad3
  10. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

A request for the USB device descriptor failed: Hello I have a USB device (X.Vision PCDVB-3100) It work properly in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 But now in Windows 10 when I connect it to USB port, The Windows give me this error: “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) code 45

3. nu vot