Windows 10: USB error, no USB connected

Discus and support USB error, no USB connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday, I installed Windows 11 and this morning I kept getting the notification that a USB device was not recognized despite no USB being connected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamsAP, Jan 13, 2022.

1. USB error, no USB connected

Yesterday, I installed Windows 11 and this morning I kept getting the notification that a USB device was not recognized despite no USB being connected. I tried updating and uninstall/reinstalling them. I uninstalled Windows 11. I reset my entire laptop. Nothing is working. And I'm getting the notification every 2 seconds almost rhythmically. I've plugged a device into the USB and it works but the notification still pops up constantly. I've tried muting the notifications and nothing so far has worked. Any ideas/suggestions?

:)

WilliamsAP, Jan 13, 2022
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 13, 2022
  3. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Jan 13, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

USB error, no USB connected

Unknown USB Device

Hi,

The error message Device Descriptor Request Failed Drive error may possibly occur when USB device was not recognized due to unstable or corrupt USB controllers. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If you're trying to connect a USB device, have you tried connecting it to another computer and check if the issue still persists?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run USB troubleshooter by clicking on this
    link. This will automatically diagnose USB problems and will provide you a remedy.

Additionally, we also recommend that you follow the steps in this article
    on how to troubleshoot your USB device which was not recognized.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

USB error, no USB connected

1. USB error, no USB connected - Similar Threads - USB error USB

2. USB error, no USB connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB error, no USB connected: Yesterday, I installed Windows 11 and this morning I kept getting the notification that a USB device was not recognized despite no USB being connected. I tried updating and uninstall/reinstalling them. I uninstalled Windows 11. I reset my entire laptop. Nothing is working....
  3. USB error, no USB connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB error, no USB connected: Yesterday, I installed Windows 11 and this morning I kept getting the notification that a USB device was not recognized despite no USB being connected. I tried updating and uninstall/reinstalling them. I uninstalled Windows 11. I reset my entire laptop. Nothing is working....
  4. usb connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb connectivity: when i am connecting usb it shows the last usb you connected is malfunctioned and windows does not recognized it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-connectivity/cefd98dc-d8c4-44c7-b1e7-4492c2fa48a3
  5. USB Connection error

USB Connection error: Hello, I recently upgraded some PC parts, and ever since then I've been having an issue where sometimes my USB connections disconnect and reconnect. Having to use a wifi adapter, this really inhibits my ability to download large things from the internet. From what I've been...
  6. usb connection?

usb connection?: why doesnt my laptop windows 10 recognise any usb connection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-connection/108a0b9a-f527-4db4-a121-7becf0fb2076
  7. usb connection

usb connection: i have connected my andriod phone by usb cable to my new windows 10 laptop but i cannot locate find where i would view devices connected to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-connection/083dbafb-6994-49be-b7e9-28249b24241d
  8. USB Connection

USB Connection: USB for Panasonic Camera will not connect with Surface Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-connection/5dd90647-faa2-48ba-b1ab-f688d5396591
  9. USB Connections

USB Connections: I have a computer which is 8 years old I want to buy an external SSD HD and have been looking on the internet only to find there are all different types of USB connections eg, Type A, C etc. The question is, which USB connector would I need? RonBin 117246
  10. USB Connections

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Connections: I have a computer which is 8 years old I want to buy an external SSD HD and have been looking on the internet only to find there are all different types of USB connections eg, Type A, C etc. The question is, which USB connector would I need? RonBin 117246