Windows 10: USB Error

Discus and support USB Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I sometimes get "USB device not recognised" popup when connecting my WD 8TB external drive into USB 3.0 ports Checked the drive on another machine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WhitD010, May 24, 2019.

1. WhitD010 Win User

USB Error

I sometimes get "USB device not recognised" popup when connecting my WD 8TB external drive into USB 3.0 ports

Checked the drive on another machine and never get the error.

Are my ports bad ?

:)

WhitD010, May 24, 2019

2. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, May 24, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 24, 2019
  4. bngchucky Win User

USB Error

ATIFlash 'ERROR 0FL01' FIX

If you have been suffering messages such as 'Adapter not Found' and 'ERROR 0FL01' or even 'Invalid Adapter or BIOS Selected' when trying to flash or reflash your Video cards Bios and you are lucky enough to own a PC capable of running more than one PCI-E Video card then this could just be the Guide you've been looking for.

--------------
    Required Files
    --------------
    *HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...swItem=MTX-UNITY-I23839&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
    --------------
    *USB Boot Files
    http://www.4shared.com/file/43544416/39060a9e/HPUSBFW_BOOTFILES.html?s=1
    --------------
    *ATIFlash
    http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1731/ATIFlash 3.79.html
    --------------
    *Your Video Cards Bios
    http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...re=&manufacturer=&model=&interface=&memSize=0

------
    Part 1
    ------
    Step 1 Create USB Boot Drive with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

Step 2 Copy all the USB Boot files to the USB Boot Drive (do not overwrite files when prompted)

Step 3 Copy ATIFlash files USB Boot Drive

Step 4 Copy new BIOS file to USB BOOT Drive (name it something like bios.bin as you will be using this name in a DOS Prompt later on)
    ------
    Part 2
    ------
    Step 1 Boot into 'Safe Mode' (by pressing f8 before booting into Windows)

Step 2 Uninstall ATI Drivers and Associated Software then Reboot
    \
    Step 3 Go to Device Manager 'Display Adapters' and Uninstall (including Software when prompted)

Step 4 SHUT DOWN your PC (DO NOT REBOOT, if you should so happen to Reboot repeat Step 3 above)
    ------
    Part 3
    ------
    Step 1 Remove your Video Card from the top PCI-E slot and place it in a different PCI-E slot (this is the step that sets this Guide apart from all the others)

Step 2 Reboot into your Mobo's Bios

Step 3 Once in your Mobo's Bios change the first Boot Device to USB-HDD (or your Equivalent setting) then Reboot

Step 4 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -ai 0 ,this will provide you with proof that your Video Card does infact exist

Step 5 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -unlockrom 0 , i suggest you do this because some Bios files are infact locked and can't be flashed until unlocked

Step 6 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -f -p 0 bios.rom , this is when your Bios is actually flashed

Step 7 Once your Bios has been flashed simply 'Ctrl+Alt+Delete' to restart your PC

Step 8 Go straight back into your Mobo's Bios and change your first Boot Device back to what it was (probably HDD) then Reboot for the final time and your finished
    ------

bngchucky, May 24, 2019
Thema:

USB Error

1. USB Error - Similar Threads - USB Error

2. When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...: I have tried the following steps1- close , restart and reconnect2- SFC /scannow approach3- dism/online/clean-image/restorehealth approach4- chkdsk /f approachNothing works so far. Can you kindly help me out.Thank you very much....
  3. When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...: I have tried the following steps1- close , restart and reconnect2- SFC /scannow approach3- dism/online/clean-image/restorehealth approach4- chkdsk /f approachNothing works so far. Can you kindly help me out.Thank you very much....
  4. hi can someone hlep me with this two errors 1.Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/16/2017 12:00:00 AM...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi can someone hlep me with this two errors 1.Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/16/2017 12:00:00 AM...: hi can someone hlep me with this two errors 1.Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/16/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.0.3748.1716 Install error - 0x80070103 2.pause updates disappear...
  5. hi can someone hlep me with this two errors 1.Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/16/2017 12:00:00 AM...

hi can someone hlep me with this two errors 1.Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/16/2017 12:00:00 AM...: hi can someone hlep me with this two errors 1.Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/16/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.0.3748.1716 Install error - 0x80070103 2.pause updates disappear...
  6. Unknown USB device keeps connecting/disconnecting. Error message code 43 every time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB device keeps connecting/disconnecting. Error message code 43 every time: Hi!For some time now I've been having this issue where a message pops up in the bottom right corner of my screen regarding an unkown USB device being connected/disconnected. As the message first pops up the device shows in the device manager, but then it dissapears shortly...
  7. Windows Update download error, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update download error, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error...: Hello,Windows update is having issues downloading an update. Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error - 0x80248014Let me know if I need to include something else....
  8. Windows Update download error, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error...

Windows Update download error, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error...: Hello,Windows update is having issues downloading an update. Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error - 0x80248014Let me know if I need to include something else....
  9. Bootloop BSOD Multiple Errors USB Media Creation Tool won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootloop BSOD Multiple Errors USB Media Creation Tool won't work: So I've been trying to fix this and found someone else had the same issue but never gotten back to the final fix/response.My specs-Intel 14900kf-Nvidia RTX 4070ti-64gb DDR5 RAM-2x 2TB m.2 ssdErrors I've gotten-KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED-DRIVER IQRL NOT LESS OR EQUAL-CRITICAL...
  10. Bootloop BSOD Multiple Errors USB Media Creation Tool won't work

Bootloop BSOD Multiple Errors USB Media Creation Tool won't work: So I've been trying to fix this and found someone else had the same issue but never gotten back to the final fix/response.My specs-Intel 14900kf-Nvidia RTX 4070ti-64gb DDR5 RAM-2x 2TB m.2 ssdErrors I've gotten-KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED-DRIVER IQRL NOT LESS OR EQUAL-CRITICAL...