Windows 10: USB ethernet constantly drops connection

Discus and support USB ethernet constantly drops connection in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron running W10 64bit and am trying to use an Anker USB to gigabit ethernet adapter. It CONSTANTLY drops connection repeatedly for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Speedbird676, Dec 26, 2018.

1. USB ethernet constantly drops connection

I have a Dell Inspiron running W10 64bit and am trying to use an Anker USB to gigabit ethernet adapter.

It CONSTANTLY drops connection repeatedly for no reason!

The interval between dropouts can be 30 minutes or more when idle, or every few seconds when active.

I've tried various drivers, various IP settings, have disabled energy efficient ethernet, stopped all the USB components from being powered down to save energy and nothing is helping.

It's definitely not a hardware problem as it works fine with Windows 7 Systems.

Everything is completely up to date and virus/malware free.

Any ideas? This is driving me absolutely insane!

:)

Speedbird676, Dec 26, 2018

2. Wired Ethernet Connection Constantly Dropping (Windows 10)

My mom recently purchased a laptop from HP running Windows 10. I hooked it up to our Xfinity modem/router via Ethernet and the wired connection is consistently dropping for 5ish seconds, connecting again for a second or two, and then repeating the process.
    Connection over WiFi has no problems whatsoever. My own laptop that runs 8.1 has no problems with the same 2-in-1 modem/router, whether wired or wireless.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to remedy the problem?

JordenMacdonald, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise Ethernet Connection Drops?

I just installed and plugged in a new Windows 10 Enterprise HP box into our network and it is intermittently dropping and reconnecting the Ethernet connection. It is not reliable.

Suggestions?

hector santos, Dec 26, 2018
  4. USB ethernet constantly drops connection

ethernet connection

I am having trouble with my ethernet connection with my windows 10 laptop. the ethenet connection suddenly drops and then connects to the wifi which i do not want to do. it does this constantly and my internet is working fine and the ethernet cable im
    using also. how can i fix this?

alexiscarreon, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

USB ethernet constantly drops connection

1. USB ethernet constantly drops connection - Similar Threads - USB ethernet constantly

2. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  3. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  4. wifi connection constantly dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connection constantly dropped: I have two machines, MSI GT80 SLI. They are configured identically hardware-wise. MSI GT80 One: disk 1: Has dual boot Windows 20H2; disk 2: the previous version of 1909. The 20H2 install has issues with the Killer 1535 wifi card. Constantly drops the connection. The 1909...
  5. USB ethenet constantly drops connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ethenet constantly drops connection: I have a Dell Inspiron running W10 64bit and am trying to use an Anker USB to gigabit ethernet adapter. It CONSTANTLY drops connection repeatedly for no reason! The interval between dropouts can be 30 minutes or more when idle, or every few seconds when active. I've...
  6. Ethernet connection drops

Ethernet connection drops: I am having problems with my internet connection for my PC. The connection is via an Ethernet connectiion to the modem, not via Wi-Fi. Occasionally, the connection will drop and the only way I can re-connect is by restarting the PC. The problem is not with the modem (which...
  7. Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops

Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Ever since it was installed my wired ethernet connections has been randomly dropping. I have Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet under Device Manager Network Adapters. 12319
  8. Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops: I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every...
  9. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection: This has been driving me nuts for months, please help! I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping all drivers up to date too. I'm trying to use ethernet rather than WiFi for gigabit speeds across my network, however, the...
  10. Internet Connection constantly dropping?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Internet Connection constantly dropping?: Hello All; After receiving the latest Windows 10 Update, my computer's internet connection has been cutting out constantly, at first it was only when I would be playing online games, but now it has become to when I am just generally browsing. I have a 802.11n USB...