Windows 10: USB Extensible Host Controller cannot start this hardware device because its configuration...

Discus and support USB Extensible Host Controller cannot start this hardware device because its configuration... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We are in the middle of refreshing our systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10. We've imaged about 100 systems so far and we are experiencing a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BruceD13, Feb 18, 2020.

1. BruceD13 Win User

USB Extensible Host Controller cannot start this hardware device because its configuration...

We are in the middle of refreshing our systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10. We've imaged about 100 systems so far and we are experiencing a small percentage of systems that lose USB functionality. Some within hours of being imaged and others weeks later.

The problem driver that shows up in the device manager is the "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver" with the error "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19".

We have tried to uninstall the driver but when it reinstalls we get the exact same error/results. So far the only fix that has worked is to reimage the machine again but we have no way of knowing if this is a permanent fix.

Our refresh project is on hold until we can find a solution.

Thanks in advance.

:)

BruceD13, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensive Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) driver issue

Hi Gabriel,

It is possible that the updates that were installed on your computer impacted the device. Please answer some things so we can determine how we can assist you regarding the problem:

• What updates were installed on your computer?
    • Does the camera work when opening other programs that use your camera on the computer?

We suggest you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter while the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller is enabled. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Hardware and Devices and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if it finds anything so we can help you further if needed.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    When starting computer Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) and USB 3.0 root hub missing from device manager

Hi,

This can be due to a recent change in the configuration of your device. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you use Device Manager to disable and re-enable all the USB controllers. This lets the controllers recover the USB port from
    its unresponsive condition. The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 3 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Feb 18, 2020
  4. USB Extensible Host Controller cannot start this hardware device because its configuration...

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

Hello,

I just don't know where to start. I'm trying to fix this issue for a week now and can't figure it out.

My USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller is missing rom my device manager list. It's hiden when i got no usb flash connected to it. As soon as i Connect something to the port, it wakes up and it works fine.

The problemis that i work with audio software, and everytime something is connected or disconnected from my type-c thunderbolt ports, i get a huge latency spike and my soundcard stops the playback.

I tried everything:

- Disabled the "allow the computer t turn off this device to save power" in device manager

- Changed the power settings in control panel not to suspend USB

- Tried to install some moded drivers

- Tried High performance mode

- Tried other editions of Windows 10. on 1809 doesent even wake the devices until i "scan for hardware changes"

I have to mention that the standard USB 3.0 Type-A port on my HP specre x360 (2017) works just fine and it is shown in device manager all the time.

I was going to post this on HP forums but i tested it on two more laptops (Lenovo Yoga 530, and HP elitebook), and the USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller works this way on both of them. So it must be a OS thing.

Can anyone help me with this issue? I'm losing my mind here. Is this the way windows is handling usb type-c ports? And is there someway i can change this behavior?

Thank you. USB Extensible Host Controller cannot start this hardware device because its configuration... :)

DraganStancul, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

USB Extensible Host Controller cannot start this hardware device because its configuration...

1. USB Extensible Host Controller cannot start this hardware device because its configuration... - Similar Threads - USB Extensible Host

2. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-start-this-hardware-device-because/89a4a543-e825-4c56-9288-414fbbd0bfc3
  3. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-start-this-hardware-device-because/89a4a543-e825-4c56-9288-414fbbd0bfc3
  4. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...: None of my input devices are working I uninstall and reinstall them and they instantly break again I’ve seen multiple other posts for this on this forum and all of the solutions that have worked for other people I have tried and it doesn’t work I can’t type with my keyboard...
  6. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...: None of my input devices are working I uninstall and reinstall them and they instantly break again I’ve seen multiple other posts for this on this forum and all of the solutions that have worked for other people I have tried and it doesn’t work I can’t type with my keyboard...
  7. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...: My DVD/CD does not work. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19 I went in to the registry to remove the Upper Filters and Lower Filters but there was either of theses filters to...
  8. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the...: my dvd /cd players are not working or seen in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-start-this-hardware-device-because/f495771c-d3de-43c2-80b5-1acdd1079120
  9. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the...

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the...: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)...
  10. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the...

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the...: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. etro usb extesible host controller error

2. usb extensible cannot start