Windows 10: USB external device recognized (finally) after KB3176936 update

Discus and support USB external device recognized (finally) after KB3176936 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After Anniversary upgrade I couldn't manage to have an USB external device to be recognized (the Device management saw it as RAW) . But, after last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zanegl, Aug 24, 2016.

1. zanegl Win User

USB external device recognized (finally) after KB3176936 update

After Anniversary upgrade I couldn't manage to have an USB external device to be recognized (the Device management saw it as RAW) . But, after last nights new "Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936)" and "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176934)" the USB driver problem was SOLVED at last!! Microsoft had a lot of complaints about non-recognition of external USB drives and fixed it..Next time it would be wise to check everything before presenting an upgrade to Windows 10..

(Windows version 1607 OS build 14393.82)

:)

zanegl, Aug 24, 2016
  2. John Vil Win User

Using Windows 10 Germin Express no longer recognizes my GPS 50 Nuvi LM

Hi Camillo,

There may be several reasons why your device can't be recognized by your PC after an update. To assist you with your concern, kindly refer to this article for troubleshooting steps: Error:

“USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 fails to recognize mobile storage hard drive.

Finally the problem get fixed. I go to device manager and uninstall and delete the driver of DTMB DTV receiver device which my machine recognize the external hdd as and, voice la, the problem got fixed. My machine recognize my hdd now. I feel so well and
    happy after many days tired of waiting for the hdd to get connect. Thank you for your time, its not the USB device driver but what it recognize as cause problem. Feel so well now.

Nguyen Stephen, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

USB external device recognized (finally) after KB3176936 update

1. USB external device recognized (finally) after KB3176936 update - Similar Threads - USB external device

2. USB devices not recognized after KB5025239

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices not recognized after KB5025239: After installing KB5025239 yesterday, my laptop lenovo T495 doesn't recognize USB devices anymore, i.e. the device does not show up and the power led on it doesn't light up.Other USB devices don't work either.For some reason, I am unable to uninstall this update.How can I...
  3. USB devices not recognized after KB5025239

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices not recognized after KB5025239: After installing KB5025239 yesterday, my laptop lenovo T495 doesn't recognize USB devices anymore, i.e. the device does not show up and the power led on it doesn't light up.Other USB devices don't work either.For some reason, I am unable to uninstall this update.How can I...
  4. External soundcard not recognized after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External soundcard not recognized after updates: Hello everyone, I'm completely helpless now and I've tried almost anything. What should I do? I have an aqprox external soundcard (jack/usb), and it worked perfectly fine until today. Now all I get when I plug it in is: "Windows has stopped this device because it has...
  5. after latest update Windows not recognizing external USB SSD Drive

after latest update Windows not recognizing external USB SSD Drive: Hi Windows updated two of my laptops to Evaluation copy. Build 19013.vb_release191025-1609 and now neither of them will work with a Verbatim USB3 External SSD Drive but a conventional USB3 External Drive still works . The light comes on the Drive and then goes off...
  6. USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update

USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update: I was trying to transfer photos from my LG TracFone to the HP Pavilion laptop and switching between 2 USB ports does not get the device recognized. It has worked previously. Apparently it is calling the phone a USB Charge Only Interface, but that doesn't register on the...
  7. Usb device not recognized.

Usb device not recognized.: Last week, i bought a SanDisk 3.0 64gb usb flash drive, i formatted it to FAT32 with EaseUS for my wii, it worked, but the next day, the wii couldn't read it and also my pc. I tried to plug it in another pc running windows 10 , and another one running windows 8 , and a third...
  8. Kb3176936

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Kb3176936: Subject update received on 8 March but failed to install. After, when checking for updates it is not available/listed. However, when I google KB3176936 it seems to be originally issued o/a Aug 16. Again, my system is current per update check. Any ideas on the cause ?...
  9. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: I have a Lenovo Android phone which after it self-upgraded it's software (customized Android UI) does not get recognized when it's plugged into my Lenovo G50 notebook. When plugged in, Windows gives "USB device not recognized" and the phone cannot be accessed. I've tried...
  10. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: I have a USB port on my motherboard that never worked. I had the problem with Windows 7 complaining about it, but something I did got Windows 7 to be quiet. Now I have Windows 10. Action Center is popping a steady stream - and I do mean steady - of "USB device not...
Tags: