Windows 10: USB external hard drive not migrating

Discus and support USB external hard drive not migrating in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok i have looked and tried every solution that I can find. My external hard drive- NAND USB2DISK USB Device is showing as Not migrated due to partial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnneThompson3, May 12, 2020.

1. USB external hard drive not migrating

Ok i have looked and tried every solution that I can find. My external hard drive- NAND USB2DISK USB Device is showing as Not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. I have done the device manager step, it shows up however states it is running properly and no updates are needed but it does not show in my file box. This is an image of what I am seeing. How do I fix this? USB external hard drive not migrating 194c6ead-4cf8-4d13-8f66-38c705864214?upload=true.jpg ox.

:)

AnneThompson3, May 12, 2020
  2. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, May 12, 2020
  3. hard drive 'not migrated' as external storage

I recently upgraded the hard drive in my Sony Vaio, and bought a plug-n-play case for the old one to use as a standard external hard drive. When I plug it into the USB port, it comes to life (disc spinning, etc.) but never shows up in windows file explorer.
    When I do a little digging, it's listed in the device manager as a usb storage device but says 'device not migrated'.

I've gone through the 2 standard responses I've found posted here about uninstalling the device and checking for hardware changes, as well as running the device troubleshooter. I need to know if it's something with the old hard drive causing problems, or
    something with Windows 10. There's no data on the drive to be concerned with, so if it's just about formatting that's no problem- but I can't format if it won't recognize the drive in the first place!! help...?

adamrichardson13, May 12, 2020
  4. Julie Ram Win User

USB external hard drive not migrating

External hard drive not recognised

Hi twynog,

The issue that you're experiencing with the external hard drive might be due to some missing Windows hardware or software updates. To help you in resolving this, you may follow the steps below:

Method 1: Uninstall and then reconnect the external hard drive - this method resolve issues where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt.

• Select Start, type Device Manager in the Search box.
    • Select Device Manager from the returned list.
    • Select Disk Drives from the list of hardware.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the USB external hard drive with the issue, and select Uninstall.
    • After the hard drive is uninstalled, unplug the USB cable.
    • Wait for 1 minute and then reconnect the USB cable. The driver should automatically load.
    • Check for the USB drive in Windows Explorer.

If method 1 doesn't work the way it should, you may proceed to other steps provided in this
    article.

Do get back to us if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same issue.

Julie Ram, May 12, 2020
Thema:

USB external hard drive not migrating

1. USB external hard drive not migrating - Similar Threads - USB external hard

2. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive migration: I have 2 lenovo all in 1 computers. One has broken screen so I want to use its 1tb hard drive to replace the 256gb hard drive in the other computer. Both have separate windows 10 licences. I have no data in either of the drives. What can I do? Thanks...
  3. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive migration: I have 2 lenovo all in 1 computers. One has broken screen so I want to use its 1tb hard drive to replace the 256gb hard drive in the other computer. Both have separate windows 10 licences. I have no data in either of the drives. What can I do? Thanks...
  4. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External USB hard drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB hard drive not showing: Hello, I got a laptop, which I bought only last month and I decided to plug my external hard drive in. Everything was going fine for a while, until a couple of day later when my laptop refused to recognise my USB drive. I spent hours updating the BIOS, updating windows,...
  6. External USB Hard Drive "Device not Migrated"

External USB Hard Drive "Device not Migrated": Hi I have an external hard disk 4TB in a new external hard drive enclosure which cannot be recognised. I get the Device not Migrated message in Device Manager events tab. Device USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_TO_Exter&Prod_nal_USB_3.0&Rev_0104\2015033100081&0 was not migrated due to...
  7. External hard drive migrated???? Or Not help please!!!!!

External hard drive migrated???? Or Not help please!!!!!: Dear Community please help, New to windows 10 and I have a major issue occurred and I'm not sure how or why it happened. My Seagate external Hard drive Migrated and Drive was reconfigured while no one was using it. Why and How did this happen? needless to say the drive was...
  8. Hard drive migration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive migration: I am getting a bare-bones Intel NUC i5. I was thinking of moving the hard drive from another laptop to the NUC. The hard drive has windows 10 installed on it; will the migration stop the OS from working? Is this even possible? submitted by /u/hotspark226 [link] [comments]...
  9. USB not recognizing external hard drive

USB not recognizing external hard drive: Brand new laptop does not give connecting sound when usb drive is plugged in. Drive works on older computer and usb port on new computer works with other peripherals. Restarted with drive already plugged in and there was no new hardware found. Device Manager shows no...
  10. external usb hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external usb hard drive: Can i install windows 10 on an external USB hard drive? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-drive/9631ecc3-3373-4174-8b01-818623bd5c4f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. old external hard drive not migrated

3. how to repair usb say nand usb2disk usb Device