Windows 10: USB failure to produce any response when things are plugged into slot.

Discus and support USB failure to produce any response when things are plugged into slot. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so there's a few things I can add to this, I've tried and tested several USB flashdrives, a USB RGB Dock Connecter and a USB Wired keyboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PH000, Dec 1, 2020.

1. PH000 Win User

USB failure to produce any response when things are plugged into slot.

Okay so there's a few things I can add to this, I've tried and tested several USB flashdrives, a USB RGB Dock Connecter and a USB Wired keyboard. Theresults are as followed:

The flashdrives emit no signal that they have been connected or are in. This is despite several tests with either flashdrive I use. One of the flashdrives specifically has a light up LED that turns on assumably with computer power as to my knowledge there is no battery inside which leads me to believe that this is a software issue of some kind. Also, there was no audible familiar windows ding of a device connected - and no sign of it being connected when checking through my files and also notification that a device was connected if that helps as well

The RGB Dock was an interesting case as similar to the flashdrive above it did light up and start working in terms of producing light, but when any device was connected it was similar to the flashdrives in results as there was no auditory, nor visual representation that anything had been connected software wise on my laptop.

The USB Wired keyboard was a fairly cheap one and by no means premium however this was the first device to provide any source of a cause at all - although i believe it is pointing to an incorrect one. The error reads i have a screenshot if anyone would like it posted -
    ' USB Device not recognized -
    The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and WIndows does not recognize it.

Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognize it your device may not be working properly'

Although I was able to replicate this message several times successfully using the wired - it was the only success I've had so far in this, and it malfunctioned. I'm on the hunt for others who have had this problem and a possible reason to why this has been happening. Currently I'm using a Surface Laptop 2 for reference but I have a feeling this is not a Surface problem.

Things I have tried as potential fixes are:
    Uninstalling and Reinstalling USB Hub USB Root Hub [USB 3.0]
    Restarting Laptop
    Running Surface diagnostics
    Running the windows program compatability troubleshooter mostly to try specifically for the keyboard's firmware

.. I have not tried resetting my laptop back to a factory version of itself because I am currently in school and use it extensively - and would like to keep this as a last resort option. I also have not attempted to do any kind of hardware modifications to this device opening it up, etc.. I'm posting this under 'Ease of Axis' because I have no confirmation in believing its a driver issue and this comes as a close second - I guess.

:)

PH000, Dec 1, 2020

2. camera is plugged on usb slot , nothing happens

no response when camera is plugged on usb

LekhramDasmuth, Dec 1, 2020
  3. camera is plugged on usb slot , nothing happens

no response when camara is plugged on usb port

LekhramDasmuth, Dec 1, 2020
  4. DoItJust Win User

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

1. USB failure to produce any response when things are plugged into slot. - Similar Threads - USB failure produce

2. No display or working usb slots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display or working usb slots: So I came home a couple of days ago after leaving my pc on all day and none of my output slots on my gpu were displaying anything, and none of my usb slots were working. I had done some research and saw someone say that re seating my ram would fix the issue, it did for...
  3. Malfunctioning applications when a USB is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malfunctioning applications when a USB is plugged in.: I have a Brand New Dell Vostro 3510 which I've set up using Windows 11. When my headset or even the internet cable is connected to my computer, it somehow malfunctions the applications that are opened. The applications begin to freeze Would someone know the solution to this?...
  4. Response Time Audit Failure when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Response Time Audit Failure when playing games.: I've been experiencing crashes when playing 1 game, and 1 game only, Apex Legends. I will just randomly with no pattern at all crash, and this is the only audit log I've gotten. This is the full log...Log Always Information AnyKeyword Response Time Audit Failure Audit Success...
  5. Any such thing as a GPU for an old laptop's Express Card slot?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Any such thing as a GPU for an old laptop's Express Card slot?: As detailed elsewhere on this forum, I have recently resurrected a fifteen-year-old Toshiba Satellite laptop, and after running it on a new installation of Windows 7 Pro, I upgraded it successfully to Windows 10 Pro 21H1. I've been enjoying experimenting with it, and finding...
  6. Plugged in a dell dock into USB 3.0 slot. Computer is Acer, now a "USB device is not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugged in a dell dock into USB 3.0 slot. Computer is Acer, now a "USB device is not...: Hello, I plugged in my dell dock from work into my home laptop's USB-C port to try and see if I could use multiple screens. As in the title "the usb device is not recognized" pops up every 10 seconds. So far, I have done the following: 1. Uninstall all the USB drivers...
  7. Windows 10 Device Manager will not recognize usb headset when plugged in. Can't produce sound.

Windows 10 Device Manager will not recognize usb headset when plugged in. Can't produce sound.: Windows 10 Device Manager won't recognize headset when plugged into USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-device-manager-will-not-recognize-usb/81faeb64-293d-4746-8d7b-5622f974f935
  8. USB 3.1 flash drive suddenly malfunctioning when plugged into 2.0 slot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB 3.1 flash drive suddenly malfunctioning when plugged into 2.0 slot: Hi, So I was using my 3.1 usb flash drive in the 3.0 slot of my laptop and decided to try another port out. After switching and plugging into the other 2.0 slot, I copied and pasted data to test if it was working correctly and compiled and built a .c program. After using...
  9. SD cards are not being recognized when plugged in to the SD card slot

SD cards are not being recognized when plugged in to the SD card slot: Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10 My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards. They all work when plugged into my card reader, when using USB slots. Any experience of similar issue on Dell laptop? ***Original title: SD Card not recognised.***...
  10. "HDD/SSD failure detected" error when USB drive plugged in

"HDD/SSD failure detected" error when USB drive plugged in: Hi all Having a slightly odd problem. I just moved across the world and took parts of my PC with me but not all - I replaced the case and power supply in my new country. Since rebuilding everything it works completely fine, identical setup, but for some reason when I have my...