Windows 10: USB flash disc not recognised

Discus and support USB flash disc not recognised in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a strange one. I have a 64GB USB flash disc. I put about 30GB of files on it (mp3 & PDF). When I checked it when I finished all was okay. Next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Graham Laughlan, Feb 19, 2019.

1. USB flash disc not recognised

This is a strange one. I have a 64GB USB flash disc. I put about 30GB of files on it (mp3 & PDF). When I checked it when I finished all was okay. Next day I wanted to put more files on it but when I plugged it in...nothing. I tried Disk Management but although it showed the (E) it said no data yet I know it`s half full. How can I retrieve these files, or are they lost? Something else, when it is plugged in on the right of the taskbar I clicked on "safely remove" but that icon was not there.

Can anybody help with this one?

:)

Graham Laughlan, Feb 19, 2019
  2. kaspencer Win User

USB Discs no longer recognised

At the moment I do not have another PC available.

However, as I said it is most unlikely that three discs and three USB disc connectors have failed at the same time. Therefore I reformatted one of the discs (at very great inconvenience and at some risk to my backup systems) by connecting it via SATA but
    the disc still cannot be allocated a drive letter when placed in a USB connector.

Surely someone has a suggestion?

Kenneth Spencer

kaspencer, Feb 19, 2019
  3. flashing p55a-ud5 to f6 bios

am i missing a step using the q flash utility as it says you can use a USB drive for this but q-flash doesn't recognise it. or do i need a floppy installed?

DriedFrogPills, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Ar3s Win User

USB flash disc not recognised

HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

Thema:

USB flash disc not recognised

1. USB flash disc not recognised - Similar Threads - USB flash disc

2. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  3. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  4. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  6. USB not recognised

USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  7. My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...: I have done a clean install of Windows 11 FIVE times. After the installation to begin with the DVD player responds to the different type of media the way you would expect and all media types play ok. Then at some point in time it stops reading Music CD's. All other types of...
  8. My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...

My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...: I have done a clean install of Windows 11 FIVE times. After the installation to begin with the DVD player responds to the different type of media the way you would expect and all media types play ok. Then at some point in time it stops reading Music CD's. All other types of...
  9. Usb flash disk not recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Usb flash disk not recognised: I have a usb flash disk Corsair Voyager, but, when I plug it in, it is not recognised by my windows 10 notebook. How do I repair it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-disk-not-recognised/3ea117ce-d1cd-4edf-987e-b28da2b5506e"
  10. "USB device not recognised" notification keeps repeatedly flashing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "USB device not recognised" notification keeps repeatedly flashing up: I've tried going into device manager and disabling and uninstalling to no avail. How do I get rid of this as it's repeatedly coming up and is driving me nuts *Mad Device mgr when open refreshes on each notification and show the offending unknown device. Incidentally I have...