Windows 10: Usb flash disk not recognised

Discus and support Usb flash disk not recognised in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a usb flash disk Corsair Voyager, but, when I plug it in, it is not recognised by my windows 10 notebook. How do I repair it???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RicardoLeon1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Usb flash disk not recognised

I have a usb flash disk Corsair Voyager, but, when I plug it in, it is not recognised by my windows 10 notebook. How do I repair it???

:)

RicardoLeon1, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 12, 2018
  3. USB Hard Disk Drive not recognised

Hi Nicholson,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

I suggest you to check if the disk is listed in Disk management utility. If it is listed, run an error check to see if there are any corrupted files causing this issue.
    Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Disk management.

• Right click on the drive and select properties.

• Under tools tab, click on “Check” button under Error Check.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall USB drivers

Follow the steps to uninstall the USB drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

• Right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

• Select the option to Delete driver software.

• Uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

• Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 12, 2018
  4. thraxed Win User

Usb flash disk not recognised

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Usb flash disk not recognised

1. Usb flash disk not recognised - Similar Threads - Usb flash disk

2. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  3. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  4. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  5. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  6. USB Disk Drive not recognised

USB Disk Drive not recognised: Hi I have two 1TB Toshiba USB Hard Drives. Both work on my old Dell laptop but only one works on my relatively new HP machine. Both are running Windows 10 It shows in Device Manager but not in Disk Management or System. Clicking the USB eject icon on the taskbar displays...
  7. usb flash disk not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb flash disk not showing up in disk management: my usb flash drive is not showing in disk management how can I solve this in windows 10? It is a 2TB drive, it shows in device manager and states that it is working but when you click on it, it says no media is found on this drive....
  8. Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible

Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible: I have ntfs usb flashdisk fresly formated and when i try to acess it say K:\ is not accessible access denied I have admin account and permissions for full control and still doesn't let me it, what the heck ? 132208
  9. USB flash disc not recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB flash disc not recognised: This is a strange one. I have a 64GB USB flash disc. I put about 30GB of files on it (mp3 & PDF). When I checked it when I finished all was okay. Next day I wanted to put more files on it but when I plugged it in...nothing. I tried Disk Management but although it showed the...
  10. "USB device not recognised" notification keeps repeatedly flashing up

"USB device not recognised" notification keeps repeatedly flashing up: I've tried going into device manager and disabling and uninstalling to no avail. How do I get rid of this as it's repeatedly coming up and is driving me nuts *Mad Device mgr when open refreshes on each notification and show the offending unknown device. Incidentally I have...