Windows 10: USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing

Discus and support USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few months ago, i posted on here about my mouse being all laggy and slow. Well, just now, I found out why. I inserted a flash drive and it started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vgkfan83, Nov 19, 2018.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing

A few months ago, i posted on here about my mouse being all laggy and slow. Well, just now, I found out why. I inserted a flash drive and it started again. I took out the flash drive and it all stopped. I just it with all the flash drives I have. I have about 20. . I used them all to test.

:)

vgkfan83, Nov 19, 2018

2. Mouse Lag!?!

Basically what it does is remove the mouse acceleration in XP. The mouse will feel slower at first, but eventually you'll get used to it... the only reason why I suggested the mouse fix was because mouse acceleration sometimes causes the sensation of having a laggy mouse (laggy meaning responding slowly). If you meant lag as in jumping around and generally not being responsive, then I guess you'll need to wait for more suggestions *Smile USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing :)

anticlutch, Nov 19, 2018
  3. USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Nov 19, 2018
  4. USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing

Microsoft Mouse 3500 lags

Hi,

The lag or freeze error that you encountered when using your wireless mouse can be related to either software or hardware issue. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Have you tried using the wireless mouse on a different device? If yes, did you encounter the same concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing

1. USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing - Similar Threads - USB Flash Drive

2. Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing: Hi,I have HP Pavilion 15 laptop with Windows 11, I use ELAN Driver for the touchpad.Recently, The touchpad seems to randomly lag or freeze, especially after clicking on the touchpad and sometimes clicking on it again stops the lagging. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall...
  3. Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing: Hi,I have HP Pavilion 15 laptop with Windows 11, I use ELAN Driver for the touchpad.Recently, The touchpad seems to randomly lag or freeze, especially after clicking on the touchpad and sometimes clicking on it again stops the lagging. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall...
  4. USB mouse lags

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse lags: My USB mouse lags and freezes....it moves very slowly . I even bought a new one , it was also very slow , there is no issue in mouse but in os.....it works good until i unlock my laptop and then it starts lagging...pls give me a solution....
  5. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  6. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  7. Sound and Mouse lag Freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound and Mouse lag Freezing: So my problem is that is have problems With sound (Razer Kreaken Pro v2) and my mouse (Logitech G503 Hero). The PC is sooo new and i don't know waht to do that happend so 4 weeks after i Bought it i have let the pc Built. And some times the hole pc is lagging. With the sound...
  8. Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze

Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze: 2 week old HP All-In-One worked fine until today - connecting a USB flash drive or portable hard drive causes the HP wireless mouse and keyboard to stop working - unplug the flash drive and the mouse/keyboard works again... any ideas or suggestions ?...
  9. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  10. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is flash drive so laggy

2. mouse freezes when usb flash drive plugged in

3. thumb drive causes computer lag

4. mouse freezes when thumb drive is in,
  5. MOUSE FREEZES WHEN JUMP DRIVE INSERTED WIN 10,
  6. tumbdrive causing mouse issures