Windows 10: USB Flash drive Icons not showing/displaying properly

Discus and support USB Flash drive Icons not showing/displaying properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; for some unknown reason all the USB flash drive I insert into my PC show up like in the picture. [img] the thing is I put custom Icons on all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ReallyFrustratd, Jan 14, 2020.

1. USB Flash drive Icons not showing/displaying properly

for some unknown reason all the USB flash drive I insert into my PC show up like in the picture.

USB Flash drive Icons not showing/displaying properly [​IMG]

the thing is I put custom Icons on all of them, and they still show up like this, I tried them on other PC's and the custom Icons actually show.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Windows Version number 1909

:)

ReallyFrustratd, Jan 14, 2020

2. USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jan 14, 2020
  4. DevSenpai Win User

USB Flash drive Icons not showing/displaying properly

DevSenpai, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

USB Flash drive Icons not showing/displaying properly

1. USB Flash drive Icons not showing/displaying properly - Similar Threads - USB Flash drive

2. USB Drives are displaying wrong Icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drives are displaying wrong Icon: Since a quite a while I have an issue with my icons. In Windows Explorer, some USB drives will show the icon of my Webcam. Instead of the normal external drive icon.I have already deleted the icon cache files, by following the instructions in a related...
  3. USB Drives are displaying wrong Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Drives are displaying wrong Icon: Since a quite a while I have an issue with my icons. In Windows Explorer, some USB drives will show the icon of my Webcam. Instead of the normal external drive icon.I have already deleted the icon cache files, by following the instructions in a related...
  4. USB Drives are displaying wrong Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB flash drive not showing

USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  6. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  7. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB Flash drive Icons not showing/displaying properly

USB Flash drive Icons not showing/displaying properly: for some unknown reason all the USB flash drive I insert into my PC show up like in the picture. [img] the thing is I put custom Icons on all of them, and they still show up like this, I tried them on other PC's and the custom Icons actually show. Does anyone have any...
  9. USB Flash Drive Icon Incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Flash Drive Icon Incorrect: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HuntersPad [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt5g2q/usb_flash_drive_icon_incorrect/
  10. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...