Windows 10: USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

Discus and support USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello.. I have a usb stick of san disk capacity 204GB. Although it has plenty of space, it does not allow me to create a system image. It sends me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vasilisnikolo, Jul 10, 2021.

1. USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

Hello.. I have a usb stick of san disk capacity 204GB. Although it has plenty of space, it does not allow me to create a system image. It sends me the message in the title. on the contrary, another usb stick of my sandiskextreme 3.1 256 GB appears as valid.Can i do something about that?I have windows 21H1

:)

vasilisnikolo, Jul 10, 2021

2. usb flash drive not a valid backup location for system image for Windows 10

Hi

I am trying to take an image Backup using a USB- Cruzer Blade but it says me
    "usb flash drive not a valid backup location for system image"

How should I take an system image in a n USB??

jignesh r karakasia, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Saranya G Win User
    I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup location" error

I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup location" error

Saranya G, Jul 10, 2021
  4. USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

1. USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image - Similar Threads - USB flash drive

2. How to validate Windows System Backup Image

in Windows 10 News
    How to validate Windows System Backup Image: [ATTACH]As a necessary recovery option, during or after you create a system image of your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, we recommend you validate the system backup image, which ensures you can successfully restore Windows from it – because if the data on the image or the...
  3. usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location "

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location ": trying to create sys image for new win10, attempt to write to a 64 gb ntfs formatted flash drive formatted with diskpart and rufus, same error "not a valid backup location this seems to be an ongoing problem based on all the comments. what is the resolution? does MS...
  4. System Image Backup Drives

System Image Backup Drives: I purchased a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive-I made a system image from that. I decided something did not feel right about the drive, the drive was an awkward looking size. I deleted the system image and returned it. I had almost 6 hours of back up on this drive and it...
  5. I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup...

I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup...: I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup location" error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-backup-the-image-on-a-flash-drive-i-get/049adb15-5397-48e6-9134-f92276c4f054
  6. The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows: [ATTACH] USB drives were used for stored small files, perhaps music and videos too. The usual size was 2GB or 4GB. With time, they have advanced quite a lot and it is common to find USB sticks with a capacity of [...] This post The drive is not a valid backup location error...
  7. can use usb flash drive to make system image backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    can use usb flash drive to make system image backup?: Hi. I have Windows 10 Home running on Lenovo desktop. Can a 128 gb usb 3.0 flash drive be used to make a system image backup? Is a usb flash drive the same as a usb jump drive? Thanks. 73270
  8. System image or recovery flash drive?

System image or recovery flash drive?: Of the above which is the better solution to backup or do I need both? Also, I have a desktop and a laptop both running Windows 10 fall creator version. I have created a recovery flash drive with system files included for the desktop. Will that one also work for the laptop?...
  9. How to validate system image backup

How to validate system image backup: A couple days ago I took a system image backup of Windows 10 to a 3TB drive - something unsupported in Windows 7 because of the 4k segment size. At least I think I took a backup - it did something for a long time. But I just looked at it and Windows says it's 0 bytes long. Is...
  10. USB Backup drive location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Backup drive location: Windows 10 File manager confuses me. My Seagate 5TB external drive is in 2 places on the left column. First it is on the same outline level as This PC, One Drive, and Quick Access and just above Network. Expand This PC and it is also there as drive (E). Curious minds want to...