Windows 10: USB flash drive not working after unplugging

Discus and support USB flash drive not working after unplugging in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello so today i was moving some files in my usb and after that i unplugged it.After i unplugged it later i wanted to plug it back but it wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ErzenKrasniqi, Nov 30, 2021.

1. USB flash drive not working after unplugging

Hello so today i was moving some files in my usb and after that i unplugged it.After i unplugged it later i wanted to plug it back but it wasn't recognisingit shows like a usb but then dissapears and leaves a message that the drive might have been moved.i tried paragus drive recovery it shows for 4-5 seconds and then dissapears, but i see in there that it shows 3.7gb that is the correct sizeidk what to do pls someone help me, pls someone help.it shows the usb icon on the taskbar, it detects too what usb it is but doesn,t open pls help me i really want that usb.

:)

ErzenKrasniqi, Nov 30, 2021

2. USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Nov 30, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Nov 30, 2021
  4. USB flash drive not working after unplugging

Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze

2 week old HP All-In-One worked fine until today - connecting a USB flash drive or portable hard drive causes the HP wireless mouse and keyboard to stop working - unplug the flash drive and the mouse/keyboard works again... any ideas or suggestions ?

RoamingGnome, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

USB flash drive not working after unplugging

1. USB flash drive not working after unplugging - Similar Threads - USB flash drive

2. USB Flash Drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive not working: Hi I recently bought a new pen drive and moved my stuff to it. After I used it multiple times, a message pop ups and said my pen drive has a issue and it needed to be scanned and fixed. So i click it and give the command to repair it. But for long time it is still like that...
  3. USB Flash Drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive not working: Hi I recently bought a new pen drive and moved my stuff to it. After I used it multiple times, a message pop ups and said my pen drive has a issue and it needed to be scanned and fixed. So i click it and give the command to repair it. But for long time it is still like that...
  4. My USB Flash Drive is not working like a flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB Flash Drive is not working like a flash drive.: I've always used this flash drive, and it never had any problems. But when I started using it today, it's location did not show up in files like is automatically should. It doesn't even show the "eject hardware" option when I click on the symbol in my taskbar, but it does...
  5. My USB Flash Drive is not working like a flash drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My USB Flash Drive is not working like a flash drive.: I've always used this flash drive, and it never had any problems. But when I started using it today, it's location did not show up in files like is automatically should. It doesn't even show the "eject hardware" option when I click on the symbol in my taskbar, but it does...
  6. My USB Flash Drive is not working like a flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. USB flash drive not working after unplugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not working after unplugging: Hello so today i was moving some files in my usb and after that i unplugged it.After i unplugged it later i wanted to plug it back but it wasn't recognisingit shows like a usb but then dissapears and leaves a message that the drive might have been moved.i tried paragus drive...
  8. USB flash drives not working

USB flash drives not working: Hi there, I purchased a custom build PC (new with Windows 10 Pro), however USB storage devices dont appear to be working. However, other USB devices such as keyboards, mouses and headsets etc. seem to work fine. It just appears to be storage devices... I have tried device...
  9. USB flash drive not detected after unplugging on Windows 10

USB flash drive not detected after unplugging on Windows 10: I have a Sony USB flash drive which I had connected to my computer with Windows 10. It was taking too long to copy files onto it. So I cancelled it and decided to eject it. When I selected safely remove, it said the device was in use. I still removed it as all windows were...
  10. USB flash drive not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB flash drive not working: I recently got a windows 10 PC, but it tells me I need to change the password. I don’t know the old password, so I pressed ‘password reset disk’ and it tells me I need a USB flash drive, I insert one into the PC, and it still says I need to insert one. I waited for a while...