Windows 10: USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer

Discus and support USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I believe this started with the 720 (1909 18363.720) Windows Update but I'm not sure. I'm going to try backing out the latest WU in a bit but wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ztruker, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Ztruker Win User

USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer

I believe this started with the 720 (1909 18363.720) Windows Update but I'm not sure. I'm going to try backing out the latest WU in a bit but wanted to post the problem here before doing so.

File Explorer is not seeing any USB Flash drive or mounted ISO, but I can look at them if I enter the drive letter directly in File explore:

I have a Win10XPE Rescue flash drive inserted and it has been assigned drive I:
    Code:
    File Explorer doesn't see it.

USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer [​IMG]

If I enter I: directly in File Explorer address area it shows correctly:

:)

Ztruker, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

I believe this started with the 720 (1909 18363.720) Windows Update but I'm not sure. I'm going to try backing out the latest WU in a bit but wanted to post the problem here before doing so.

File Explorer is not seeing any USB Flash drive or mounted ISO, but I can look at them if I enter the drive letter directly in File explore:

I have a Win10XPE Rescue flash drive inserted and it has been assigned drive I:
    Code:
    File Explorer doesn't see it.

If I enter I: directly in File Explorer address area it shows correctly:

Ztruker, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Mar 14, 2020
  4. USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer

USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer - Similar Threads - USB flash drive

2. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  3. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  4. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  5. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  6. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer: I got a brand new flash drive and when I plug it into my computer it does not show up in file explorer, however I can see it in Disk Management where it says no media and I can also see it in devices and printers but in devices and printers, it is grayed out under the browse...
  8. usb drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb drive not showing up in file explorer: win 10 updated 2 days ago. I have a 256gb cruzer usb 3.0 drive. When plugged in either directly to cpu frame, or a 3 port usb 3.0 extender port, I hear the win 10 sound that a usb drive has been plugged in but it never shows up in file exploerer. So I can't access the drive....
  9. File Explorer and usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer and usb flash drive: I had a virus that i used Reimage Repair to fix. When i went to file explorer the folder is empty in the usb flash drive so my files arent being saved. What do i do now?...
  10. file explorer shows usb drive twice

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer shows usb drive twice: hi, i have an annoying problem. when i plug a usb drive, the file explorer shows the same drive with the same drive letter twice. it's no big deal but annoying like i said.. how can i fix this 25514