Windows 10: USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

Discus and support USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I recently bought a USB 2.0 Memorex 64GB flash drive, and after using it as a disk in VMware, the flash drive now doesn't load in Windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rodriguez_2017, Dec 8, 2021.

1. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

So I recently bought a USB 2.0 Memorex 64GB flash drive, and after using it as a disk in VMware, the flash drive now doesn't load in Windows and appears as "USB Drive F: without a storage indicator, doesn't load in the virtual machine, and freezes explorer when loading the USB. Is my USB no longer working? Do I need to buy a new one? If not, what steps do I take to restore it?

:)

Rodriguez_2017, Dec 8, 2021

2. USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Dec 8, 2021
  3. flash drive insertion

Hi,

There are a number of different reasons why your pictures automatically open when you insert a flash drive in your PC. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using? Click
      here
      for instruction on how to find your Windows 10 build.

USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted 247bbfec-02cc-4843-beaa-c842b5088ece.png

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Are all the photos saved in your computer opens when you insert a flash drive, or is it limited to specific picture?
    • Did you make any changes to your device before this issue happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Dec 8, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

flash drive

• Insert flash drive into USB port.
    • Copy and paste

BulldogXX, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

1. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted - Similar Threads - USB Flash Drive

2. flash drive does not show when inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flash drive does not show when inserted: how to get flash drive to show when inserted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive-does-not-show-when-inserted/23a8102d-849c-4cce-bd8e-47cb64db5375
  3. flash drive does not show when inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flash drive does not show when inserted: how to get flash drive to show when inserted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive-does-not-show-when-inserted/23a8102d-849c-4cce-bd8e-47cb64db5375
  4. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted: So I recently bought a USB 2.0 Memorex 64GB flash drive, and after using it as a disk in VMware, the flash drive now doesn't load in Windows and appears as "USB Drive F: without a storage indicator, doesn't load in the virtual machine, and freezes explorer when loading the...
  5. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted: So I recently bought a USB 2.0 Memorex 64GB flash drive, and after using it as a disk in VMware, the flash drive now doesn't load in Windows and appears as "USB Drive F: without a storage indicator, doesn't load in the virtual machine, and freezes explorer when loading the...
  6. Screen Flash When insert USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Flash When insert USB: I have Asus X512FJ, with new Windows updates It displays Flashing when I insert a USB I reset windows I reinstalled drivers can't fix that, but it not flashing when on battery only flashing display on charging mode please tell me someone what I have to do??...
  7. USB Flash drive please insert a disk

USB Flash drive please insert a disk: Usb flash drive please insert a disk, tried different computers. Updated drivers. Changed drive letter. Uninstalled driver and reinstalled. Checked for updates. Ran troubleshooter. Please help I have a document I really need.......
  8. won't boot into Windows 10 when USB flash drive is inserted

won't boot into Windows 10 when USB flash drive is inserted: I have a used Thinkpad SL510 purchased on eBay. It came with Window 7 Pro. It is an older laptop so no UEFI. I immediately did a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro 1803 64-bit. I managed to find all the drivers for it, and there are no problems in Device Manager. Windows...
  9. Color of Flash Drive Insert

Color of Flash Drive Insert: I realize this has nothing to do with Win 10 but I can think of nowhere else to ask this question and I will appreciate your help. I have a USB flash drive whose insert is bright red, the first I've ever seen. I believe blue indicates it is at least a USB 2 device but have...
  10. USB 3.0 Drive Slowing Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB 3.0 Drive Slowing Down: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in the HP forum. I purchased a HP drive, and it was working great. For the first few months, copying my backup files (about 300 GB), only took one hour. Then it started slowing down. It now takes five or six hours. I've tried...