Windows 10: USB Flash Drive with Bitlocker

Discus and support USB Flash Drive with Bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to use bitlocker on a USB Flash drive and about half way through we had a power bump and my PC restarted. Now I can't access the drive. I tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tigeromega, Jun 29, 2019.

1. USB Flash Drive with Bitlocker

I tried to use bitlocker on a USB Flash drive and about half way through we had a power bump and my PC restarted. Now I can't access the drive. I tried to use bitlocker again but right clicking does not offer bitlocker any more. Is the drive toast or can I retrieve the data I had on it?

:)

Tigeromega, Jun 29, 2019

2. BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

Hi,

I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools

However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only the Save to File and not the Save to USB Flash. Has MS taken out the Save to USB selection since WIn 10 version 1511?

I followed all the steps and left BitLocker to its default setting (except for encryption method).

I was able to save the recovery key to a file which was my USB flash drive.

win10freak, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Bitlocker USB

Hi, Margaret.

BitLocker requires you to have a USB key in able to access the information. You can create a USB key by using a blank thumb drive or USB drive formatted to NTFS OR FAT32 and follow these steps:

• Click Start and go to Control Panel.
    • Look for System and Security then click it.
    • Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Under BitLocker Drive Encryption, click Turn on BitLocker.
    • Choose how you want to unlock your drive during startup: Insert a USB flash drive or
      Enter a Password and then click Next.
    • On the How Do You Want To Store Your Recovery Key Page, click Save the Recovery Key To A File.
    • In the Save BitLocker Recovery Key As dialog box, choose a save location, and then click
      Save.
    • You can now print the recovery key if you want to. When you have finished, click
      Next.
    • On the Are You Ready To Encrypt This Drive page, click Start Encrypting.

Note: Do not remove the USB flash drive until the encryption process is complete. How long the encryption process takes depends on the size of the drive and other factors.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 29, 2019
  4. USB Flash Drive with Bitlocker

Bitlocker on USB flash drive

I am using bitlocker on a porrtable flash drive to secure files. Once it is locked and I open it , if I add files tot he drive will they automatically be encrypted when I close the drive and remove it from the computer?

stephenhostettler, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

USB Flash Drive with Bitlocker

1. USB Flash Drive with Bitlocker - Similar Threads - USB Flash Drive

2. BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking: I have Two BitLocker-enabled USB flash drives attached to my Windows 10 Pro PC. Both require me to enter the recovery key each time I rebook to PC, which I think is normal. However, one of them locks from time to time without rebooting, requiring me to enter the recovery key...
  3. BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking: I have Two BitLocker-enabled USB flash drives attached to my Windows 10 Pro PC. Both require me to enter the recovery key each time I rebook to PC, which I think is normal. However, one of them locks from time to time without rebooting, requiring me to enter the recovery key...
  4. BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker encryption on USB flash drives?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker encryption on USB flash drives?: I just got myself a 64gb USB flash stick drive and would like to encrypt it with BitLocker encrypting the ENTIRE drive which is the way I prefer it to be. Is it safe to just encrypt the USB stick BEFORE adding data to it? Or, will it also be fine to add the data first and...
  6. Bitlocker on USB flash drive

Bitlocker on USB flash drive: I have a 256GB USB Micro flash drive that I have plugged into my laptop Microsoft Laptop 3 running Windows 10 Professional. While I was working today it got locked by BitLocker somehow. I have used this drive for months and it's never been a problem nor did I ever used...
  7. Bitlocker on USB flash drives

Bitlocker on USB flash drives: I read through the below tutorial on how to encrypt USB removable data drives. Turn On or Off BitLocker for Removable Data Drives in Windows 10 However, I just wanted to know if it would be best practice to add the data BEFORE or AFTER encrypting a USB removable drive using...
  8. usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  9. BitLocker encrypted USB Flash drive on another computer?

BitLocker encrypted USB Flash drive on another computer?: I have a dedicated USB flash drive to store all my files and its now encrypted with BitLocker. What if I insert this USB drive to another computer and edit my documents directly from the USB drive without saving the files onto the other computer? Will data still leak to that...
  10. BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?: Hi, I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only...