Windows 10: USB Flash Drive

Discus and support USB Flash Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I back up my microsoft photos to the USB drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenConstine, Oct 3, 2019.

1. USB Flash Drive

How do I back up my microsoft photos to the USB drive?

:)

StevenConstine, Oct 3, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Oct 3, 2019
  3. USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Octopuss Win User

USB Flash Drive

Flash drive

Yeah, suggest a racebike when someone ask for a bicycle. Just... no. USB flash drive means USB flash drive.

Octopuss, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

USB Flash Drive

1. USB Flash Drive - Similar Threads - USB Flash Drive

2. Flash drive/usb not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  3. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  4. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  5. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB flash drive: How do you find the flash drive for windows 10? I have looked until I can't look anymore, and spent nearly 5 hours doing it to no avail. When I put in a flash drive with windows 7, a window used to come up, now it doesn't! I thought windows 10 was supposed to be easier but...
  6. usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb flash drive: I have a problem regarding my USB, [ATTACH]I can't see storage space and have formatted several times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-drive/8477fb10-4dc5-4265-97ca-392c395a972e
  7. Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized

Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized: I have a 16GB USB Flash Drive I was using for saving "File History" documents, favorites, etc.. It appeared to be working, but later I got a message about running out of space on the drive. I formatted the drive and that appeared to be successful, then tried to use it...
  8. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  9. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...
  10. Format usb flash drive

Format usb flash drive: Hi looking for a good program to format my USB flash drive. Windows 10 won't recognise my flash drive it knows it's there but it's not showing up in drives I used the flash drive in my zgemma and the zgemma changes the partition in some way so PC won't recognise it now. I...