Windows 10: USB Flash Drives Are Write Protected

Discus and support USB Flash Drives Are Write Protected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, This is a bout many years that I am not able to solve the "Write Protected" USB flash drive's problem however I searched a lot on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Qurban Ali Sadaqat, May 16, 2019.

1. USB Flash Drives Are Write Protected

Hello Everyone,

This is a bout many years that I am not able to solve the "Write Protected" USB flash drive's problem however I searched a lot on google, studied many forums and tried different ways such as: editing windows registry, running diskpart commands and using some third party software but I couldn't get the solution.

If you know a real solution please share it with me, your answers are much appreciated.

Thanks !

:)

Qurban Ali Sadaqat, May 16, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 16, 2019
  3. USB flash drive write protected

How can I remove write protection on a USB flash drive?

Rev. Carl Bowers, May 16, 2019
  4. USB Flash Drives Are Write Protected

Write Protection of EMTEC 64GB USB flash drive

My EMTEC 64 GB flash drive is Write protected .I tried all the available solution on internet but it doesn't fix.After inserting the flash drive it does't show the capacity of the flash drive.Only shows the Drive name and everything
    is slow down.What is the problem?Is it in hardware or software?

How to remove this write protection from my usb flash drive?Help me out.

DiproMuhtasim, May 16, 2019
  5. Cecelia New Member
    Have you ever run Check Disk utility for your SD card?

Cecelia, May 30, 2019
Thema:

USB Flash Drives Are Write Protected

1. USB Flash Drives Are Write Protected - Similar Threads - USB Flash Drives

2. USB flash drive is write protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive is write protected: So, I was installing windows xp on one old pc, and downloaded some drivers for it. In one of it was msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll. I decided to move all those drivers to my usb flash drive, cut - paste, but in the process I got bsod. Now USB flash drive have some errors what...
  3. Flash Drive is write protected

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash Drive is write protected: I have a brand new PNY 256gb flash drive. I started to copy files to it and I got the message that it must be formatted before using it. I tried to format it and after a few minutes, I got the following error message: The disk is write protected. I tried SFC/SCAN file and got...
  4. USB Flash drives write protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Flash drives write protected: Recently my four USB flash drives were write protected by Windows 10 Pro. I am using a version 2004. How can I removed the write protection. I have tried the DISKPART, REGEDIT, search the net, but to no help. Can anyone help me on this please. [ATTACH] Thank you Ricky...
  5. USB flash drive write protected

USB flash drive write protected: I am trying to understand the programing of a USB Flash drive from the manufacturers. I understand the microcontrollers. I can understand PIC Erom type memory chips. I am unsure of how the program for the write protect is set from the computer into the microcontroller of the...
  6. Flash Drive is write protected.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flash Drive is write protected.: I was copying files to my flash drive sometime ago, the transfer speed was slow, so I tried the most technical solution ever, I unplugged it then plugged it in, then Windows told me that there was a issue with this flash drive and I should click to fix it. I thought this...
  7. Write Protected USB FLASH DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Write Protected USB FLASH DRIVE: i have usb that i create write ptotection in my other pc and that pc is broken. how can i remove the write protection on this usb? a app or procedure you know that may help me. i have try hdd low level format app/usb flash drive format app nothing happen. i try cmd command...
  8. USB Flash drive is write protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Flash drive is write protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write protected" error, please? Thanks in advance!...
  9. USB Flash drive is write-protected

USB Flash drive is write-protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write-protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write-protected" error, please? Thanks in advance! Tanzil ***...
  10. USB thumb flash drives are "write protected"

USB thumb flash drives are "write protected": Bought 4 PNY 16GB USB thumb drives and every time I try to format them, the computer kicks back that they are write protected. Have tried ALL the solutions listed and explained in the 10 forums here, and nothing works to disable the write protection on my machine. Tried...