Windows 10: USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to

Discus and support USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Currently when I delete a file from a USB flash drive it gets deleted but don't know where to. I would like to set USB Flash to recycle bin of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by asusG, Jul 24, 2020.

1. asusG Win User

USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to

Hi

Currently when I delete a file from a USB flash drive it gets deleted but don't know where to.

I would like to set USB Flash to recycle bin of deleted files if possible, can you help with a path and setting?

Thanks

:)

asusG, Jul 24, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

I did a quick test to better explain.

Look at the message I get when I deleted the file. There is no option for "deleting" to the Recycle Bin, just permanently deleting it from the USB. When files are "deleted" to the Recycle bin, they are not actually moved there, only a pointer is created in Recycle Bin showing base info about the file and where it was located. The space on the source drive is marked as unused. If the file is then restored, source space is un-marked as un-used and the file is available. This is why after a short period of time, deleted files can be overwritten and not recoverable.

Do to the nature of the USB being a removable media, there is no way of maintaining the pointers in Recycle to the original file.

So, the only option for deleting a file on a removable is permanently from the source media.

You could move the files to another non-removable internal drive, in a folder, to keep temporarily. That would "simulate" the Recycle Bin.

USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 25, 2020
  4. asusG Win User

Hi

Currently when I delete a file from a USB flash drive it gets deleted but don't know where to.

I would like to set USB Flash to recycle bin of deleted files if possible, can you help with a path and setting?

Thanks

asusG, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

1. USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to - Similar Threads - USB Flash files

2. How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?: There is recycle bin for all hard disks in my computer, which allows me to recover files from it easily. But I found if the files are in the USB drive, delete them means to delete them permanently. Because USB drives don't have recycle bin by default. I can't recovery data...
  3. How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?: There is recycle bin for all hard disks in my computer, which allows me to recover files from it easily. But I found if the files are in the USB drive, delete them means to delete them permanently. Because USB drives don't have recycle bin by default. I can't recovery data...
  4. How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File location in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File location in recycle bin: I deleted a file from downloads folder and it went to recycle bin and when I searched for that file in the search bar under "This PC" it shows me the locationc/user/username/appdata/roaming/temp . Is it safe to believe that files in this location stay for 30 days before...
  6. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  7. Registry files in Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry files in Recycle Bin: I have gone to empty the recycle bin on a PC only to find there are files from the registry in there which require admin access to delete them. Not sure how they got there, is it better to restore them rather than delete them? Windows 10 has been updated with all the latest...
  8. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  9. Recycle Bin for Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin for Flash Drive: Hello, Would there be any other way to move all deleted files from Flash Drive to the Recycle Bin and restore the deleted files? If not, would you know any other third party app? Thank you,...
  10. Recycle Bin/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin/File Explorer: I emptied the Recycle Bin and it worked fine. Now when I click on the icon on the Desktop I get the File Explorer screen. How do I correct that....