Windows 10: USB floppy drive not recognized in File Explorer

Discus and support USB floppy drive not recognized in File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please Help! Brand new TEAC USB FLOPPY DRIVE “Location is not available” “A: is not accessible The disk media is not recognized. It may not be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by estellehop, May 11, 2020.

1. USB floppy drive not recognized in File Explorer

Please Help!

Brand new TEAC USB FLOPPY DRIVE

“Location is not available”
    “A: is not accessible

The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted.”

is there any solution for this?

:)

estellehop, May 11, 2020
  2. Tim1901 Win User

Windows Explorer Won't Recognize USB Floppy "A" drive.

I have an external floppy "A" drive. When I plug it into a USB port, it will show up for a couple of seconds in Explorer. Then it will disappear and I can't find or read the drive. I have 2 PC's running Windows 10 and it does it on both. Also, I have
    a spare floppy "A" with USB connectivity. I tried it on both PC's and it does the same. Can someone help me?

Tim1901, May 11, 2020
  3. Support for non-USB Floppy Drives in Windows 10

I have a 3.5" floppy drive with the traditional interface (floppy controller on the motherboard connected via a 34-conductor floppy cable). Windows 10 provides partial support for this: both the floppy drive and the floppy controller show up and are listed
    as healthy in Device Manager, and I have access to the floppy drive in Command Prompt. However, I can't get the floppy drive to show up in File Explorer or Disk Management. How do I complete the support for my floppy drive?

I've found discussion in this forum and elsewhere on USB flopppy drives not being supported well in Windows 10, but this is not my question; I have the traditional interface.

prestonpdx, May 11, 2020
  4. USB floppy drive not recognized in File Explorer

USB Floppy disk drives not working in Windows 10

Hi,

as several other "oldies" I noticed the problem to show a floppy disk in the file explorer. After searching for a long time the best and easiest workaround was "cafejose" in the forum at bleepingcomputer.com. He or she wrote the following:

"I just found a way to work around this. When I right clicked on the tray icon to prepare to remove the floppy drive ( which seems strange to try, since no such item was shown in File Explorer), there was an item listing, "devices and printers". I clicked
    on this item, and a window appeared showing devices and drives, and there it was - the floppy disc drive A:\ was shown. The Devices and Printers window showed some menus at the top of the window, one menu item saying "Browse", and so I clicked on the Down-Arrow.
    A window that LOOKED LIKE File Explorer then opened, and there I could see the contents of the floppy disc in the floppy drive.

Now, with all that, will reopening File Explorer show the floppy disc A:\ drive?

NO!"

Link: Floppy disk drive not appear in File Explorer when plugged in - Windows 10 Support

Strange behavior by Windows10 I think, but this way is a bit easier than install (or even start-up) a virtual machine with e.g. WinXP to reach files on floppy disks! Thanks "cafejose"!

The Toolmaker, May 11, 2020
Thema:

USB floppy drive not recognized in File Explorer

1. USB floppy drive not recognized in File Explorer - Similar Threads - USB floppy drive

2. USB Floppy drive shows in File Explorer as A:\, but I don’t see it in Windows 10 Disk...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Floppy drive shows in File Explorer as A:\, but I don’t see it in Windows 10 Disk...: USB Floppy drive shows in File Explorer as A:\, but I don’t see it in Windows 10 Disk Management, at least I don’t see any partitions with just 1.44MB. I can list the contents of the floppy, and copy files, but I’m not able to access it in any programs. When I go to Disk...
  3. USB Floppy drive shows in File Explorer as A:\, but I don’t see it in Windows 10 Disk...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Floppy drive shows in File Explorer as A:\, but I don’t see it in Windows 10 Disk...: USB Floppy drive shows in File Explorer as A:\, but I don’t see it in Windows 10 Disk Management, at least I don’t see any partitions with just 1.44MB. I can list the contents of the floppy, and copy files, but I’m not able to access it in any programs. When I go to Disk...
  4. USB Floppy drive not showing up on file explorer

USB Floppy drive not showing up on file explorer: I have had years of frustration with my USB floppy drives not showing up in windows explorer. I had been using the 'fast finger' technique to get it up in the half second or so after it is connected. Tonight I failed at that and out of frustration I typed A: in the search box...
  5. Windows 10 Floppy drive Not recognized

Windows 10 Floppy drive Not recognized: Trying to use 3.5 in external floppy drive on Win 10. Files are not listed; however, appears to be floppy drive listed under Device Manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-floppy-drive-not-recognized/2a060f77-dd4f-4477-b61e-c732db16b112
  6. USB Floppy Drive

USB Floppy Drive: I have a USB floppy drive that I cannot connect to my desktop. This PC is running Windows 10. In addition this drive is seen in the device Manager but not in the Windows Explorer...
  7. Unable to use USB Floppy Drive

Unable to use USB Floppy Drive: I am really hope I can get some help with this. I have two different USB floppy drives that will not work on either my desktop, or my laptop. I am running version 1903 on the desktop, while I have the latest Preview on the laptop. The strangest part is that the drive is...
  8. USB floppy drive doesn't show up until explorer is refreshed

USB floppy drive doesn't show up until explorer is refreshed: I have a USB floppy drive that I connected to my Windows 10 laptop, when I was in the "This PC" folder, it would show up when I connected the drive. But today, it doesn't show up on "This PC", until I refresh the "This PC" window. I have not updated my Windows. I don't know...
  9. Windows Explorer Won't Recognize USB Floppy "A" drive.

Windows Explorer Won't Recognize USB Floppy "A" drive.: I have an external floppy "A" drive. When I plug it into a USB port, it will show up for a couple of seconds in Explorer. Then it will disappear and I can't find or read the drive. I have 2 PC's running Windows 10 and it does it on both. Also, I have a spare floppy "A" with...
  10. Iomega floppy disk usb drive

Iomega floppy disk usb drive: Hi. I would like to know whether I can use my old Iomega floppy disk usb drive under Windows 10. If yes, what should I do to perform the right steps towards an adequate installation of that drive. Rgs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iomega floppy disk driver

2. problem installing teac usb floppy drive