Windows 10: USB Folder Option Issue

Discus and support USB Folder Option Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently ripped a movie using DVD/Fab and stored it on a SanDisk 256gb flash drive. I created a new folder and placed this movie into this folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tubtech, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Tubtech Win User

USB Folder Option Issue

I recently ripped a movie using DVD/Fab and stored it on a SanDisk 256gb flash drive. I created a new folder and placed this movie into this folder. Then I created another folder and placed an icon depicting the movie poster. Back to the movie folder I changed folder properties and changed the icon to the movie icon I created. This worked fine and looks great. The problem is if I plug this flash drive into another computer the default windows icons are displayed, and doesn't show the movie icon I created unless I go and redo this procedure on the second computer. is there any way too solve this issue? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

~Bob

:)

Tubtech, Oct 7, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Grey stripes issue

I had the same issue and the following method was the only cure so far:

Black Panther, Oct 7, 2019
  4. TomStrong Win User

USB Folder Option Issue

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

USB Folder Option Issue

1. USB Folder Option Issue - Similar Threads - USB Folder Option

2. Folder options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder options: How do you change the folder options in Windows 10, so that files in 'music' come up with file size and date, as normal files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-options/a1ed9244-2914-408d-8c66-026f302454ad"
  3. Update issue options?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update issue options?: I have a Gateway DX4860. My computer will not update past the anniversary update (1607 OS Build 14393.2214 ). It runs the update.. get's stuck at 23%, the CPU starts heating up, as evidenced by the cooling fans which become very loud as they try to bring the temperature...
  4. No option to include folder into a library

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to include folder into a library: Since I'm missing Windows 7 options I'm trying to follow this tutorial for Windows 10 Now the problem is that as you can see in screenshot below I don't have "Library" explorer subfolder in navigation pane nor do I have the option to "Library tools -> manage" in ribon of...
  5. USB issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB issues: I am an avid audiophile and I just got a new USB DAC (digital to analog converter) for my PC. However, it will not work with windows. It works fine in my phone with an adapter, but, not my PC. When plugged in, windows will not see it. But, when plugged in through a USB hub,...
  6. USB Issue

USB Issue: This may not be the place to ask about this. I have 128GB usb drive for data backup. The drive is bitlockered. When not in use, the drive is stored in a drawer. it is only taken out of the drawer when I want to back up my data. I took the drive out today and put it in my...
  7. USB Power options question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB Power options question: I have been sufferring from intermittent loss of Mouse and Keyboard connection. The mouse freezes or doesn't respond to my clicking, the keyboard does not register my key presses. This happens when I am trying to update the Windows 10 Pro with updates or new releases. During...
  8. USB Issue

USB Issue: Hello, SO I have an issue with my USB currently, I am only accessing it after two week since I was on break, and when I tried to use it on Monday, it wouldn't open. I went a bit further and tried to look for errors, and I found this; + System - Provider [ Name]...
  9. Folder Options in registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Options in registry: Hi, Where in the Windows registry is the reg key for user folder options? [img] 34318
  10. Power Options Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Options Issues: Good morning forum, So this is one I can not figure out or find a way to solve. I found that there was a update for this for the Tech Preview, but not for what we upgraded to from the free upgrade. Issue is that no matter what I try / change the monitor to turn off, or...