Windows 10: USB Folder Option Issue

Discus and support USB Folder Option Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently ripped a movie using DVD/Fab and stored it on a SanDisk 256gb flash drive. I created a new folder and placed this movie into this folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tubtech, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Tubtech Win User

USB Folder Option Issue

I recently ripped a movie using DVD/Fab and stored it on a SanDisk 256gb flash drive. I created a new folder and placed this movie into this folder. Then I created another folder and placed an icon depicting the movie poster. Back to the movie folder I changed folder properties and changed the icon to the movie icon I created. This worked fine and looks great. The problem is if I plug this flash drive into another computer the default windows icons are displayed, and doesn't show the movie icon I created unless I go and redo this procedure on the second computer. is there any way too solve this issue? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

~Bob

:)

Tubtech, Oct 7, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Grey stripes issue

I had the same issue and the following method was the only cure so far:

Black Panther, Oct 7, 2019
  4. TomStrong Win User

USB Folder Option Issue

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

USB Folder Option Issue

1. USB Folder Option Issue - Similar Threads - USB Folder Option

2. No 'zipped folder' option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No 'zipped folder' option: Hello,I have no option to create a zipped folder, as the image below showsi can only create WinRAR folders. this is a new computer, so maybe something is missing? I installed winrar shortly after completing the system installation. So how do i get the 'create zipped folder'...
  3. No 'zipped folder' option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No 'zipped folder' option: Hello,I have no option to create a zipped folder, as the image below showsi can only create WinRAR folders. this is a new computer, so maybe something is missing? I installed winrar shortly after completing the system installation. So how do i get the 'create zipped folder'...
  4. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view option: How to always show folders as icons and show files as thumbnails? I went to Folder Option -> View tab and see that this two settings goes together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-view-option/5a0d8e1d-8e72-4268-a547-15d778310392
  5. folder options setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder options setting: folder options where in folder options do I change so that when we look at our photo folder explorer- that this icon does not display one of the photos in the album ? if I set to - always show icon, never thumbnails - then I cant see thumbnails inside folder - there used to...
  6. Folder options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder options: I’ve applied the following option to my folders. Name – Date modified – Media created – Type – Size – Frame height – Frame width – Title – Subtitle – Tags – Comment – Year. I use the “Folder Options” then “View” the “Apply to Folders” and click “Yes” to make all folders...
  7. Folder options

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder options: I have a folder on my desktop for my photos, is there a way i can arrange the folder so that the last photo i put into the folder is the first one. 157612
  8. Eject USB not an option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Eject USB not an option: [ATTACH] When I try to eject my USB, it isn't an option. There are three dots instead. I've tried plugging in the USB to a different computer and it works there, so I think it is a problem with my device (x1c7). Any help is appreciated!!...
  9. Folder Saving Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Saving Options: I have a folder lets call it "Main Folder" inside this folder are other folders and some files. When I try to sort the contents of "Main Folder" alphabetically it breaks then into two groups, folders and files, folders alphabetically followed by files alphabetically. My...
  10. Folder options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder options: How do you change the folder options in Windows 10, so that files in 'music' come up with file size and date, as normal files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-options/a1ed9244-2914-408d-8c66-026f302454ad"