Windows 10: USB Format

Discus and support USB Format in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computers is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I'm going to format my drive.I was unable to, in the past.Due to the space, used by C:But know I have,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, May 8, 2021.

1. USB Format

My computers is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I'm going to format my drive.I was unable to, in the past.Due to the space, used by C:But know I have, a USB Drive. I need, the installation software.I knew, the Microsoft website.that you could prepare, anything.But also prepare, a USB Drive.I have, not been able to find that, website?Anyone, that knows what I'm talking about?Please, send me a link, to that website.And then, I can format my USB drive. Thank you for reading . . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, May 8, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 8, 2021
  3. freebird_9924, May 8, 2021
  4. mikel33 Win User

USB Format

USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, May 8, 2021
Thema:

USB Format

1. USB Format - Similar Threads - USB Format

2. Allocation unit size when formatting USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allocation unit size when formatting USB flash drive: Hi: I am currently involved with transferring music MP3 files to a 32-GB thumb drive and have needed to reformat the thumb drive several times during the troubleshooting process that I am dealing with. I do not know how to make an intelligent choice for the Allocation unit...
  3. What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?: - Should I format an infected USB drive and a clean USB drive from an infected PC? - Should I format an infected USB drive from a clean PC? Thank you It is Windows 10 version 20H2 181077
  4. What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?: - Should I format an infected USB drive and a clean USB drive from an infected PC? - Should I format an infected USB drive from a clean PC? Thank you It is Windows 10 version 20H2 181077
  5. Can't format USB even with Diskpart and disk management

Can't format USB even with Diskpart and disk management: Hi PeopleToday, I was creating a Windows Bootable USB using Rufus. While the creation was in progress at about 67% it stopped with the dialog box stating ".iso extraction failure." I opened 'This PC' and found that my USB was not listed there. When I reinserted my USB it...
  6. USB cannot get formatted by Windows 10

USB cannot get formatted by Windows 10: Is there any way of getting my Sony USB to be formatted by windows? I have tried DiskPart and clean. but just no luck.Any further idea. when I insert the USB, windows want me to Format the USB. But it fails to format. "windows is unable to complete the format".i have tried...
  7. USB not accessible nor able to Format

USB not accessible nor able to Format: My USB does not work. Windows 10 is unable to format it. Tried the same USB on another pc, same error. Needs to format, and then cannoy format the usbSome help will ne most appreciated.Thank you....
  8. Usb broken after Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Usb broken after Formatting: Hello, I Formatted my USB into exFAT, because it was on 32GB it was USB used for a clean installation of windows so I switched it back to 1TB, It was working great but when I wanted to give some files into it It disconnected from my PC, I connected it back and it wrote...
  9. USB stick with 20H2 version formatted as NTFS and exFAT not bootable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB stick with 20H2 version formatted as NTFS and exFAT not bootable: Hello Redditors! I downloaded the ISO file for Win10 from the Microsoft website (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO). The only available version for downloading is 20H2 - October update. The total of all files is somewhere around 6.2GB, which...
  10. Trying to run chkdsk after I formatted by HDD in the Windows Setup via an USB. Safe to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to run chkdsk after I formatted by HDD in the Windows Setup via an USB. Safe to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dadybosma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnrotn/trying_to_run_chkdsk_after_i_formatted_by_hdd_in/