Windows 10: USB fresh install or Recovery?

Discus and support USB fresh install or Recovery? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I had drivers problems and I wanted to reinstall Windows. Is it safe to do it through the recovery? With the option of Reset this PC > 'Remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/borjahen, Jul 12, 2020.

1. USB fresh install or Recovery?

Hi. I had drivers problems and I wanted to reinstall Windows. Is it safe to do it through the recovery? With the option of Reset this PC > 'Remove everything'? Or you should use a USB and delete all partitions and reinstall. Ty

submitted by /u/borjahen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/borjahen, Jul 12, 2020

2. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Jul 12, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Agility Win User

USB fresh install or Recovery?

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

USB fresh install or Recovery?

1. USB fresh install or Recovery? - Similar Threads - USB fresh install

2. Fresh Install from USB media failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install from USB media failing: My computer failed to boot into Windows following a regular shut down, and I decided to do a clean install of Windows.I made a new installation media on a USB drive, formatted both my hard drive and the SSD I use as my boot drive, and attempted to install windows. However, no...
  3. Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows

Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows: Hi everyone, I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the topic, but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.Recently for a number of reasons I had to install a completely fresh version of windows on my computer. I did this through a USB. I have one large USB that I...
  4. Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.: What is better when encountering a problem that does not allow you to even start windows, to have a fresh install of windows or to use a previously created on the computer restore disk?I am thinking that a fresh install may give a fresher and lighter version but with the...
  5. Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.

Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.: What is better when encountering a problem that does not allow you to even start windows, to have a fresh install of windows or to use a previously created on the computer restore disk?I am thinking that a fresh install may give a fresher and lighter version but with the...
  6. Windows 11 fresh USB install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 fresh USB install: So I've just built a 64gb ram weapon and plugged in my new windows 11 USB, only to get through the first few steps of the install, to learn it doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Even though it blows them out of the water.I have no way of installing windows, or...
  7. Windows 11 fresh USB install

Windows 11 fresh USB install: So I've just built a 64gb ram weapon and plugged in my new windows 11 USB, only to get through the first few steps of the install, to learn it doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Even though it blows them out of the water.I have no way of installing windows, or...
  8. Fresh Windows Install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows Install from USB: I have performed a refresh installation from 2 different USB drives and my HP Elitebook continously freezes on Just A Moment. Can some one please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-windows-install-from-usb/4e318321-4776-48e2-923d-39db72bfb940
  9. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing: I am trying to install a fresh copy reformatted the hard disk of windows 10 using a USB Created an installation media on a USB flash drive Win 10 pro from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Changed the boot order on the other PC so that...
  10. Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition

Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition: Hi, I have an ASUS which came with 8.1 OEM. I upgraded to Win 10 and now am about to do a fresh install of Win 10 (using this tool: Windows 10) on it. It has 2 recovery partitions 20 GB and 500 MB. Q1. During fresh install, do I need to delete both recovery...