Windows 10: usb game controllers and can not get them to work with windows 10

Discus and support usb game controllers and can not get them to work with windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have bought two game controllers USB and can not get them to work with windows 10. they both pull hard to the left and top of the screen and would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peter McKenzie, Aug 2, 2022.

1. usb game controllers and can not get them to work with windows 10

I have bought two game controllers USB and can not get them to work with windows 10. they both pull hard to the left and top of the screen and would need calibration to hold center but I can not find anything about how to do in windows 10

:)

Peter McKenzie, Aug 2, 2022

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 2, 2022
  3. Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 2, 2022
  4. usb game controllers and can not get them to work with windows 10

Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Aug 2, 2022
Thema:

usb game controllers and can not get them to work with windows 10

1. usb game controllers and can not get them to work with windows 10 - Similar Threads - usb game controllers

2. usb game controllers and can not get them to work with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb game controllers and can not get them to work with windows 10: I have bought two game controllers USB and can not get them to work with windows 10. they both pull hard to the left and top of the screen and would need calibration to hold center but I can not find anything about how to do in windows 10...
  3. Game controller not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game controller not working: My Astro C40 game controller is not working on my PC with Windows 10 Pro 2004 latest version and fully updated. Please help. The device shows up as an audio device. I have tried updating the driver etc. but nothing is working. The controller works on my laptop with a...
  4. USB Game controller not working properly in P3D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Game controller not working properly in P3D: Hi everyone, I have an issue I'd like to ask about my USB. Game controller. When I plug it in, windows is seeing the game controller, but one of the buttons is On when it shouldnt be. If I try it on another computer, then it is as it should be, showing OFF. When I play...
  5. USB game controller adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB game controller adapter: I have a generic adapter and here is the problem. It's a ps2 controller to USB adapter and it's a dual adapter. When I plug in 2 controllers, neither one is recognized. It only works when there is just one controller plugged in. Is there a driver that I can download to fix...
  6. Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub: I use usb controllers which work fine when plugged directly into my laptop, but if I use a hub to have 4 controllers plugged in at once windows doesn't detect them. How do I make it work?...
  7. Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub: I use usb controllers which work fine when plugged directly into my laptop, but if I use a hub to have 4 controllers plugged in at once windows doesn't detect them. How do I make it work?...
  8. usb game controller's pressing keys in windows

usb game controller's pressing keys in windows: I have for a while been using my PS3 controller for gaming and it works fine. But I needed to test out a new SNES controller for a project, and found it was not reading correctly. Or so I thought. I tested another with same results. Stranger thing is that I have a KIT...
  9. Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all: Okay, I've tried to use my XBOX One controller multiple times on Windows 10 to no avail. Same goes for my PS4 controller (using ScpToolKit Drivers). Every time I open the game controllers settings, the window just stops responding and never responds....
  10. USBs not working (all of them)

USBs not working (all of them): Hello, I already had some issue with my inspiron 1750. Refering to my previous thread here. Now its 2nd time my usbs aint working. 1st time it got fixed when i took hdd to another oc and did uncheck of allow this device to turn pc off in device manager. I tried this again...