Windows 10: usb game controller's pressing keys in windows

Discus and support usb game controller's pressing keys in windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have for a while been using my PS3 controller for gaming and it works fine. But I needed to test out a new SNES controller for a project, and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tempus Mr20, Dec 21, 2018.

1. usb game controller's pressing keys in windows

I have for a while been using my PS3 controller for gaming and it works fine.

But I needed to test out a new SNES controller for a project, and found it was not reading correctly. Or so I thought.

I tested another with same results. Stranger thing is that I have a KIT controller that you make yourself, which is recognised as a "Generic USB controller" which works just fine. So I plugged in my old Logitech dual action controller to test that, as it was working in the past. I was thinking that my new SNES controllers were faulty. But my Logitech was also acting up. The right analogue stick moves the mouse around the screen, other buttons trigger the enter key, tab key, back key ……. and so on. I currently have no modifier software installed that would be doing this. And as I have not used them in a while, I have no idea when it might have happened. A Windows 10 update perhaps? If so, how to fix?

Does Microsoft even look at these posts?

:)

Tempus Mr20, Dec 21, 2018

2. Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 21, 2018
  3. While trying to play Bioshock 2 but it won't let me turn off the controller vibration in game

Hi Lauren,

As you are facing issue with Xbox controller driver settings, I suggest you to update the driver software for the controller by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 21, 2018
  4. usb game controller's pressing keys in windows

Generic USB controller

Step 1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog

Step 2. Type regedit and press Enter

Step 3. Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > USB

Step 4. If the USB key does not exist into the list, then create a new key USB under Services. Now create a new DWORD value under the key that you’ve just created

Step 5. Keep the USB key selected and right-click on the blank space at the right pane

Step 6. Select New > DWORD value from the context menu

Step 7.Rename this newly created DWORD value as DisableSelectiveSuspend

Step 8. Right-click on DisableSelectiveSuspend and select Modify

Step 9. Put 1 in Value data field and then click OK

Step 10. Reboot your PC

Andre for Directly, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

usb game controller's pressing keys in windows

1. usb game controller's pressing keys in windows - Similar Threads - usb game controller's

2. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys not pressing: when i hold down a key nearby keys will not press and make a beeping sound i find this feature annoying and useless how do i disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-pressing/1e13ec30-3a02-4232-a76c-8fd0a9f3e46c
  3. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys not pressing: when i hold down a key nearby keys will not press and make a beeping sound i find this feature annoying and useless how do i disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-pressing/1e13ec30-3a02-4232-a76c-8fd0a9f3e46c
  4. pressing left control key opens start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pressing left control key opens start menu: As the title says, whenever I press the left control key, it acts like the windows button and opens the start menu. I know that the keyboard isn't the issue because the same problem happens on multiple keyboards on the same computer.I've tried uninstalling the drivers, and...
  5. pressing left control key opens start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pressing left control key opens start menu: As the title says, whenever I press the left control key, it acts like the windows button and opens the start menu. I know that the keyboard isn't the issue because the same problem happens on multiple keyboards on the same computer.I've tried uninstalling the drivers, and...
  6. pressing left control key opens start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Right alt key also presses right control key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right alt key also presses right control key: I've been using the altgr key as toggle mute for discord as it outputs right alt, and I've got my right ctrl set to toggle deafen. Now, altgr outputs both right alt and ctrl, meaning I have to rebind my toggle mute to something else. Is there any way to revert(?) or fix this...
  8. USB game controller adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB game controller adapter: I have a generic adapter and here is the problem. It's a ps2 controller to USB adapter and it's a dual adapter. When I plug in 2 controllers, neither one is recognized. It only works when there is just one controller plugged in. Is there a driver that I can download to fix...
  9. USB game controller's are pressing keyboard keys

USB game controller's are pressing keyboard keys: I have for a while been using my PS3 controller for gaming and it works fine. But I needed to test out a new SNES controller for a project, and found it was not reading correctly. Or so I thought. I tested another with same results. Stranger thing is that I have a KIT...
  10. Trying to use Bluetooth game controller for simulate key presses

Trying to use Bluetooth game controller for simulate key presses: I am hoping to use one of these bluetooth game controllers to simulate some keyboard presses so I can control my DIY teleprompter. I can pair it with my PC and Windows sees it as a keyboard (name MOCUTE-032X_B63-9196) but I don't know how to get the button presses to do...