Windows 10: USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug

Discus and support USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For a long time I was very frustrated because I could not figure out why my computer would not go to sleep by itself. I could make it Sleep by clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Glutenus Maximus, Mar 19, 2022.

1. USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug

For a long time I was very frustrated because I could not figure out why my computer would not go to sleep by itself. I could make it Sleep by clicking on the Sleep icon in the Windows Power menu, but if I left it turned on and unattended, it would not go to sleep... until I disconnected the USB game pad.At no time did searching for solutions on Google mention anything about game pads interfering with PC Sleep Mode. Only after I started using search parameters including words like "game pad" did I find relevant information about this issue.This would appear to be either a BIOS and/or Windows b

:)

Glutenus Maximus, Mar 19, 2022
  2. Jomarkz Win User

Windows 10 Preventing Sleep Mode

Is the update KB3010668 for the new Windows 10, and was it automatically pushed down by Microsoft to repair issues of preventing the computer of going into sleep mode?

Jomarkz, Mar 19, 2022
  3. Black Flag, Mar 19, 2022
  4. USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug

Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Mar 19, 2022
Thema:

USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug

1. USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug - Similar Threads - USB Game Pad

2. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  3. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  4. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug: For a long time I was very frustrated because I could not figure out why my computer would not go to sleep by itself. I could make it Sleep by clicking on the Sleep icon in the Windows Power menu, but if I left it turned on and unattended, it would not go to sleep... until I...
  6. USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug: For a long time I was very frustrated because I could not figure out why my computer would not go to sleep by itself. I could make it Sleep by clicking on the Sleep icon in the Windows Power menu, but if I left it turned on and unattended, it would not go to sleep... until I...
  7. Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1411 Hi All For the past couple of weeks, my PC has stopped going into Sleep Mode by itself. It works if I manually put it to sleep, but not if I rely on my Power Plan and am away from the PC for a while. I've changed nothing in...
  8. Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1411 Hi All For the past couple of weeks, my PC has stopped going into Sleep Mode by itself. It works if I manually put it to sleep, but not if I rely on my Power Plan and am away from the PC for a while. I've changed nothing in...
  9. Preventing a computer from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing a computer from going to sleep: With everyone working remotely, I worked hard to make sure that our computers at the office never went to sleep. There used to be separate sections on the Power and Sleep settings allowing you to tell the computer to never go to sleep. Well an update must have gone out and...
  10. USB Printer preventing computer from sleeping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Printer preventing computer from sleeping: My computer just will not sleep, either automatically or manually. I just disconnected each USB device one by one and found that it's the printer that's the culprit. There's no way in device manager to change the power setting for it to allow the computer to sleep. Can...