Windows 10: USB Gamepad not working in Windows 10

Discus and support USB Gamepad not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I am using Redgear Smartline Gamepad for more than a year now and it has been working great with my Windows 10 laptop until recently. One day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Agni0795, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Agni0795 Win User

USB Gamepad not working in Windows 10

Hi

I am using Redgear Smartline Gamepad for more than a year now and it has been working great with my Windows 10 laptop until recently.
    One day after plugging in the device, I received a notification that the USB device connected has not been recognized and may have malfunctioned. I tried a few times by connecting and disconnecting the gamepad but in vain.

I reinstalled the driver that came along with the gamepad and after installation I didn't receive that notification and the gamepad's Analog light lit up and it showed up in my list of devices connected. However, I couldn't use the gamepad for any of the games I earlier used to play with the same gamepad. I decided to calibrate it.

I went into my list of devices, went into the properties of the gamepad, but while calibrating, it showed that the device is not connected and asked me to retry. I disconnected and connected it again, and this time was able to start the calibration process but again the same notification popped up. But after disconnecting and connecting once more, the very fast notification that the USB device has not been recognized showed up once again.

I would appreciate it anyone helps me with this problem, as I can't diagnose whether it's a problem with Windows or the gamepad. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to test it out on another machine but I will immediately update here once I do so.

I am running Windows 10 1903.

Regards

:)

Agni0795, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

USB Joystick not working on windows 10

Some gamepads need a powered USB port. If the gamepad is not working correctly, try connecting it to a different USB port. Unpowered hubs or ports might not provide enough power.

In addition, to help eliminate any possible hardware issues, try using the gamepad on another computer.

Let's also use Device Manager to help troubleshoot problems with your gamepad and to make sure there are no conflicts. To use Device Manager, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • When the gamepad is successfully installed, you should see it under Human Interface Devices.
      For example, HID-compliant game controller or USB Human Interface Device.

• If you see yellow exclamation points next to any of these entries, there's a problem with the installation.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue.

Gino Des, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Gamepad not working in Windows 10

Hello,

I suspect this might be a hardware issue, since your cousin’s gamepad works well on your PC and your gamepad is facing the same issue on your cousin’s PC. So I suggest you to contact the gamepad manufacturer for better assistance.

Arul_D, Jan 7, 2020
  4. USB Gamepad not working in Windows 10

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

USB Gamepad not working in Windows 10

1. USB Gamepad not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB Gamepad working

2. Gamepad not working on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad not working on games: Why QHM7468-2V gamepad is not working, i have tested all the tests and it works properly on all test's, but in games it is not working, i have troubleshooted and reinstalled the drivers and restarted the pc many times and it is still not working in games,please give me the...
  3. Gamepad Not Being Recognized By Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamepad Not Being Recognized By Windows 10: A couple of months ago I had troubles with a game recognizing my PS4 Controller. In order to sort this out, I uninstalled the Gamepad device from my control panel and restarted my PC hoping that the device would be re-installed and my problems solved. Instead, this resulted...
  4. Gamepad

Gamepad: I'm having a problem with my gamepad.I went to device manager and found the device and in it's properties,general,device status i saw this: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed. I've...
  5. gamepad not working in my modern combat esports

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gamepad not working in my modern combat esports: gamepad not working in my modern combat esports https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamepad-not-working-in-my-modern-combat-esports/c0d9af73-ab33-436b-b97e-c8a54ff2d8ce
  6. Gamepad.

Gamepad.: Evining. I am having a problem with my gamepad. A few days ago it was working fine without problems and recently it stoped working. When i plug it in on my laptop my laptop doesnt even respond to show that im pluging in a device and the gamepad just vibrates untill i unplug...
  7. usb gamepad re-map on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb gamepad re-map on windows 10: hi, there is there any way I could re-map generic USB gamepad on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-gamepad-re-map-on-windows-10/62e78bed-98ed-4741-b5b1-2a7295470ca9
  8. PS3 trust GXT 540 wired gamepad not working

PS3 trust GXT 540 wired gamepad not working: I bought a controller online and tried to play on pc, but the right analog stick and buttons aren't working. The left stick and D-pad is working though. I am trying to play with 2 controllers, the other one is game pad s Nintendo switch controller, please help!...
  9. GamePad problem

GamePad problem: Hi, i have one problem, that problem is: i install my Gamepad Vakoss GP-3925BK, about 1 week back and it was normally working, now we are on vacation and i install it into my NTB and nothing, he is not in the Gamepad setting nothing, he is setted as Trust mouse -_- and i...
  10. GamePad problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GamePad problem: Hi, i have one problem, that problem is: i install my Gamepad Vakoss GP-3925BK, about 1 week back and it was normally working, now we are on vacation and i install it into my NTB and nothing, he is not in the Gamepad setting nothing, he is setted as Trust mouse -_- and i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Afterglow ps3 usb control Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

2. win 10 gamepad fix

3. usb gamepad not working windows 10