Windows 10: USB gaming controllers prevent power saving features

Discus and support USB gaming controllers prevent power saving features in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems in Windows 10 (and 8, as I have seen from online discussions), USB gaming controllers prevent power saving features such as turning off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by czc201, Jul 16, 2018.

1. czc201 Win User

USB gaming controllers prevent power saving features

It seems in Windows 10 (and 8, as I have seen from online discussions), USB gaming controllers prevent power saving features such as turning off the displays and entering Sleep mode. Is there a configuration to change this setting? It's extremely annoying for many users to have to remember to unplug all their USB controllers just to allow the power saving features to work again.

:)

czc201, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Manthas Win User

Display will not turn off, even with power saving option enabled

Please stop. Or, at the very least, read the entire thread before responding. What you are suggesting...

• ... will not work. The same issue preventing the power options from kicking in impact any screen saver settings as well. Windows is incorrectly reading input from USB game controllers connected to the system, and registering these as activity in a way
      that Windows 7/8/8.1 did not. And...
    • ... does not achieve the same results. Powering off the monitor is not simply about preventing people from seeing what you were working on. This is a power saving utility. With a screen saver running, you are still wasting the same amount of power that
      you would without the screen saver running.
    So, not only is your "suggestion", such as it is, unhelpful, but it is also completely inaccurate.

Manthas, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 16, 2018
  4. USB gaming controllers prevent power saving features

Unable to sync Games power flight controller, error message 'Windows Shell Common Dll Has Stopped Working', upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Benny,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Games power flight controller game from the programs and Features option on your computer.

Follow these steps to uninstall Games power flight controller game from the programs and Features option on your computer.

a) Press Windows + x key together and select Control Panel.

b) Click on Programs and Features option.

c) Locate Games power flight controller game program, right click on program and select on Uninstall.

e) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the Games power flight controller game program.
    f) Download and reinstall the Games power flight controller game program from the official website and check if the issue persists.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

USB gaming controllers prevent power saving features

1. USB gaming controllers prevent power saving features - Similar Threads - USB gaming controllers

2. Screen Saver and Power Saving Features Stopped working after XBox game was installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Saver and Power Saving Features Stopped working after XBox game was installed: This problem has occurred on both an older Windows 10 machine about 5-6 years old, Intel core i5, 8GB RAM and a new Windows 11 machine less than 6 mo. old, Intel Core i7, 14GB RAM. After installing the XBox Gaming app and installed Lego Star Wars: The Complete Skywalker Saga,...
  3. Screen Saver and Power Saving Features Stopped working after XBox game was installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Saver and Power Saving Features Stopped working after XBox game was installed: This problem has occurred on both an older Windows 10 machine about 5-6 years old, Intel core i5, 8GB RAM and a new Windows 11 machine less than 6 mo. old, Intel Core i7, 14GB RAM. After installing the XBox Gaming app and installed Lego Star Wars: The Complete Skywalker Saga,...
  4. Win10: Game controller prevents screen saver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10: Game controller prevents screen saver: Problem description: https://superuser.com/questions/1638626/win10-game-controller-prevents-screen-saver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-game-controller-prevents-screen-saver/1c64867e-5823-4dc7-8fe4-fddac17bb332
  5. USB Power Savings Keeps Getting Turned On

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB Power Savings Keeps Getting Turned On: Hello, Is this happening to anyone else? I have turned off power savings mode to all my USB ports only to find that Windows has turned this back on. Because of this my backup has failed multiple times because Windows has apparently put the USB3 port to sleep while the...
  6. USB Power Setting not saving

USB Power Setting not saving: I have a PC that continues to turn off the USB touch response of a touch screen. I go to the Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers I uncheck every "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" The next day, after being turned off overnight, one or...
  7. USB game controller adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB game controller adapter: I have a generic adapter and here is the problem. It's a ps2 controller to USB adapter and it's a dual adapter. When I plug in 2 controllers, neither one is recognized. It only works when there is just one controller plugged in. Is there a driver that I can download to fix...
  8. Controlled folder access is blocking game saving.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Controlled folder access is blocking game saving.: I'm trying to play a game on my computer that I bought off steam. I played it for an hour and then saved and turned it off. When I booted it back up, my save was gone and it said that "Controlled Folder Access" has blocked the game from making changes. When i click the...
  9. Saving the power to USB ports

Saving the power to USB ports: The drives connected to my PC through the USB ports seem to save power. I have two drives and they are self powered, they use AC power. I found out that the fan of the drive is not spinning - that means it doesn’t get power from the USB port. I tried to disable the power...
  10. Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box: Hi, How do I prevent staff from saving files to desktop? 96569

Users found this page by searching for:

1. USB gaming controllers prevent power saving