Windows 10: Usb gps dongle help

Discus and support Usb gps dongle help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm building a mobile APRS system using a Windows 10 tablet (CHUWI Hi10 X). It requires a GPS dongle to be connected. The dongle itself does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jealous-Truck-3216, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Usb gps dongle help

Hey guys, I'm building a mobile APRS system using a Windows 10 tablet (CHUWI Hi10 X). It requires a GPS dongle to be connected. The dongle itself does work but when I plug it in and go to device manger it shows up under sensors and not a com port. Needs to be a com port so I can select it in the program. Is this a normal thing for tablets or am I missing something?

submitted by /u/Jealous-Truck-3216
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jealous-Truck-3216, Dec 6, 2020

2. usb Dongle not working#!!!

Hi Anzarul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact error you get when you connect the USB dongle?

Run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    If the issue still persist, I would suggest you to reinstall the USB drivers and check if it helps.

• Press
      Windows Key + X,
      and select Device Manager

• Expand the
      Universal Serial Bus Controllers section by clicking on the
      "+"
      sign.

• Uninstall each of the devices under the
      USB Controller section by right-clicking on each one, and then clicking
      Uninstall.

• Close the
      Device Manager and restart your computer. Windows will automatically re-install the USB controllers in your computer, without you having to do anything further. Your computer will now run USB devices properly.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Usb gps dongle help

Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Usb gps dongle help

1. Usb gps dongle help - Similar Threads - Usb gps dongle

2. BSOD on connecting USB Bluetooth dongle. Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on connecting USB Bluetooth dongle. Please help: I am getting the stop code 'BAD OBJECT HEADER' I am using windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-connecting-usb-bluetooth-dongle-please/b1eca275-87c8-4eaf-b2cc-2547cd12abeb
  3. BSOD on connecting USB Bluetooth dongle. Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on connecting USB Bluetooth dongle. Please help: I am getting the stop code 'BAD OBJECT HEADER' I am using windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-connecting-usb-bluetooth-dongle-please/b1eca275-87c8-4eaf-b2cc-2547cd12abeb
  4. I am looking for a GPS dongle that will work on a Microsoft Windows tablet. Are there...

I am looking for a GPS dongle that will work on a Microsoft Windows tablet. Are there...: I am looking for a GPS dongle that will work on a Microsoft Windows tablet. Are there specific models? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-looking-for-a-gps-dongle-that-will-work-on-a/9496899d-74fc-4a94-906e-a3b86a2336f0
  5. usb port will not reconize garmin gps

usb port will not reconize garmin gps: usb port will not reconize garmin gps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-will-not-reconize-garmin-gps/93e092e6-2324-40d1-a337-06e5a54dbe81
  6. USB dongle not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dongle not functioning: i have a usb dongle but i'm not sure if it is bluetooth or for wifi. Whenever i plug it in my laptop does not respond to it as far as i know. Apparently the bluetooth symbol is supposed to appear on the taskbar when the usb dongle is inserted but that doesn't work for me....
  7. USB dongle not functioning

USB dongle not functioning: i have a usb dongle but i'm not sure if it is bluetooth or for wifi. Whenever i plug it in my laptop does not respond to it as far as i know. Apparently the bluetooth symbol is supposed to appear on the taskbar when the usb dongle is inserted but that doesn't work for me....
  8. USB dongle not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. USB Dongle Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Dongle Malfunctioning: Hi, I have a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard bundle 2000. When I plug it into the computer, it gives me this message: USB Device not recognized. What can I do it fix this?...
  10. Help with GPS Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with GPS Settings: Dear All, I need to find my GPS settings, so I can turn off and on again. Suggestion that I do that from a website to help with my registration with them (can't find my address, only my neighbours across the road). Thank you....