Windows 10: USB hard drive is not accessible

Discus and support USB hard drive is not accessible in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just tried to access my external usb hard drive and was unable to do so. Received error message: "E:\ is not accessible - the disk structure is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DarrellWayne69, Oct 27, 2019.

1. USB hard drive is not accessible

I just tried to access my external usb hard drive and was unable to do so. Received error message: "E:\ is not accessible - the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable". I just updated all my drivers 2 days ago so I tried plugging the drive into my laptop which has the older drivers. Laptop gave same error message. I attached the drive back to my desktop (Dell OptiPlex 5050 Windows 10 Pro) and ran "disk manager". Disk manager saw the E drive but said it was "raw and 100% free" even though it should be formatted with about 100 gb on it. Is there any way to salvage the drive or is it dead? Thanks for your help.

:)

DarrellWayne69, Oct 27, 2019
  2. DannibusX Win User

Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Oct 27, 2019
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Oct 27, 2019
  4. USB hard drive is not accessible

Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

USB hard drive is not accessible

1. USB hard drive is not accessible - Similar Threads - USB hard drive

2. USB Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Hard drive: I have just started to get this error Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_ASMT&Prod_2235&Rev_0#093458FA5D9A&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b} requires further installation.The device is under device manager but not showing under Disk Management for file...
  3. No access to hard drive

No access to hard drive: I have a windows 10 and a hard drive that I can not access. It shows on the computer, when I click on it, either it freezes or nothing happens. Ive tried update drive and unistall but nothing seems to work. I have even tried switching usp ports, nothing seem to fix the...
  4. portable hard drive to USB

portable hard drive to USB: I have a portable hard drive and I am using a USB sync and charge cable. It lights up and flashes but doesn't show in File Explorer. It shows in Devices and printers but can't access it. Tried each USB port and on 2 laptops. Any advice please...
  5. USB Drive not accessible

USB Drive not accessible: Phantom USB Drive not accessible - not connected to system - visible only on THIS PC and no security tab in properties Drive is maxed. How do I get rid of this drive?...
  6. USB Hard Drives Not Recognised

USB Hard Drives Not Recognised: I have a USB hard drive plugged into a Win10 laptop, that I'm accessing on a Win7 machine via a wireless network. It kept dropping out for a couple of seconds here or there, then went completely dead. Turns out it's an issue with the laptop, not with the network, because it...
  7. USB hard drive SAMSUNG!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB hard drive SAMSUNG!: Hello guys. I have a little problem here -> So ill moved my folders from windows 10 to usb hard drive disk like 2 weeks ago, then i reinstalled windows 10 all good everythink work fine. Now i noticed that one folder have that lock picture on it and the problem is that i...
  8. Location is not accessible. Access is denied. USB portable hard drive.

Location is not accessible. Access is denied. USB portable hard drive.: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134) on a 3 month old HP Z Book laptop. I'm trying to use an external hard drive (HP 500 GB) that worked this morning. I'm now getting an error: Location is not available. Access is denied. I see this is a longstanding problem, going...
  9. Can't access network usb shared hard drive

Can't access network usb shared hard drive: I may have posted this before, so I apologize for being repetitive. I have a hard drive that is connect to my modem / router via a usb connection. The drive is accessed via \\mynetwork\NETWORKHD After rebooting my router, this will work for some number of days before...
  10. Can't access network usb shared hard drive

Can't access network usb shared hard drive: I have a usb connected hard drive connected to my Bell 2000 router. The instructions to access this drive is to go to the Documents folder and enter \\mynetwork. This then shows the shared hard drive as \\mynetwork\NETWORKHD. If I now click on NETWORKHD I get the following:...