Windows 10: USB hard drive SAMSUNG!

Discus and support USB hard drive SAMSUNG! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys. I have a little problem here -> So ill moved my folders from windows 10 to usb hard drive disk like 2 weeks ago, then i reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ae2x, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Ae2x Win User

USB hard drive SAMSUNG!

Hello guys.

I have a little problem here ->

So ill moved my folders from windows 10 to usb hard drive disk like 2 weeks ago, then i reinstalled windows 10 all good everythink work fine.

Now i noticed that one folder have that lock picture on it and the problem is that i cant open any files in that folder or copy to my desktop.

Then i searched and searched never get answer how to remove that lock so i can access those files.

There is one thing i noticed that that folder have different desktop name... like mine is for example Desctop-A9230LD but that folder got different..

So is there any way to open that folder or files in that folder coz they are really important to me dont want to lose 3years work :S

EDIT: And yeah there is no security tab on that usb hard drive.

Thanks.

:)

2. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Feb 27, 2019
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Feb 27, 2019
  4. USB hard drive SAMSUNG!

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

USB hard drive SAMSUNG!

1. USB hard drive SAMSUNG! - Similar Threads - USB hard drive

2. Samsung laptop hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung laptop hard drive backup: What is the best way to back up my hard drive I also have a wireless pc which both have send anywhere installed, I have lots of information on my current hard drive that needs to be saved in the archives for as long as I am able Thanks....
  3. Samsung laptop hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung laptop hard drive backup: What is the best way to back up my hard drive I also have a wireless pc which both have send anywhere installed, I have lots of information on my current hard drive that needs to be saved in the archives for as long as I am able Thanks....
  4. Samsung laptop hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Hard drive: I have just started to get this error Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_ASMT&Prod_2235&Rev_0#093458FA5D9A&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b} requires further installation.The device is under device manager but not showing under Disk Management for file...
  6. portable hard drive to USB

portable hard drive to USB: I have a portable hard drive and I am using a USB sync and charge cable. It lights up and flashes but doesn't show in File Explorer. It shows in Devices and printers but can't access it. Tried each USB port and on 2 laptops. Any advice please...
  7. USB hard drive is not accessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB hard drive is not accessible: I just tried to access my external usb hard drive and was unable to do so. Received error message: "E:\ is not accessible - the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable". I just updated all my drivers 2 days ago so I tried plugging the drive into my laptop which has the...
  8. USB Hard Drives Not Recognised

USB Hard Drives Not Recognised: I have a USB hard drive plugged into a Win10 laptop, that I'm accessing on a Win7 machine via a wireless network. It kept dropping out for a couple of seconds here or there, then went completely dead. Turns out it's an issue with the laptop, not with the network, because it...
  9. USB Hard Drives Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Hard Drives Not Recognised: I have a USB hard drive plugged into a Win10 laptop, that I'm accessing on a Win7 machine via a wireless network. It kept dropping out for a couple of seconds here or there, then went completely dead. Turns out it's an issue with the laptop, not with the network, because it...
  10. Samsung External Hard Drive

Samsung External Hard Drive: Hi Mates! I'm trying to change the name of my External Hard Drive as it appears as Local Disk G on my laptop. However, upon trying multiple times it keeps on coming back as Local Disk G. Please help. Thanks and have a nice day!!! 39995