Windows 10: USB Hard drive

Discus and support USB Hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just started to get this error Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikeC_46, May 9, 2021.

1. MikeC_46 Win User

USB Hard drive

I have just started to get this error Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_ASMT&Prod_2235&Rev_0#093458FA5D9A&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b} requires further installation.The device is under device manager but not showing under Disk Management for file explorer. I have preformed a clean reboot, updated windows updates but still no luck. I have no idea what has caused this not to be seen. Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service WUDFWpdFs for Device Instance

:)

MikeC_46, May 9, 2021

2. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 9, 2021
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, May 9, 2021
  4. USB Hard drive

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 9, 2021
Thema:

USB Hard drive

1. USB Hard drive - Similar Threads - USB Hard drive

2. external hard drive connected by usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive connected by usb: How do I get windows file explorer to recognize a 500 giga bite hard drive connected by USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-connected-by-usb/57ede349-6ed9-4cb0-bf8d-d9d999cf1157
  3. USB hard drive is inaccessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB hard drive is inaccessible: Hello, Mysterious USB hard drive problem. After a couple of hours trying to resolve this I have gotten various error messages shown below. - Hard Fail: music player locked up while accessing music files on external USB hard drive X: - Rebooted computer. Every time I...
  4. portable hard drive to USB

portable hard drive to USB: I have a portable hard drive and I am using a USB sync and charge cable. It lights up and flashes but doesn't show in File Explorer. It shows in Devices and printers but can't access it. Tried each USB port and on 2 laptops. Any advice please...
  5. USB hard drive is not accessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB hard drive is not accessible: I just tried to access my external usb hard drive and was unable to do so. Received error message: "E:\ is not accessible - the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable". I just updated all my drivers 2 days ago so I tried plugging the drive into my laptop which has the...
  6. USB Hard Drives Not Recognised

USB Hard Drives Not Recognised: I have a USB hard drive plugged into a Win10 laptop, that I'm accessing on a Win7 machine via a wireless network. It kept dropping out for a couple of seconds here or there, then went completely dead. Turns out it's an issue with the laptop, not with the network, because it...
  7. USB Hard Drives Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Hard Drives Not Recognised: I have a USB hard drive plugged into a Win10 laptop, that I'm accessing on a Win7 machine via a wireless network. It kept dropping out for a couple of seconds here or there, then went completely dead. Turns out it's an issue with the laptop, not with the network, because it...
  8. USB hard drive SAMSUNG!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB hard drive SAMSUNG!: Hello guys. I have a little problem here -> So ill moved my folders from windows 10 to usb hard drive disk like 2 weeks ago, then i reinstalled windows 10 all good everythink work fine. Now i noticed that one folder have that lock picture on it and the problem is that i...
  9. USB not recognizing external hard drive

USB not recognizing external hard drive: Brand new laptop does not give connecting sound when usb drive is plugged in. Drive works on older computer and usb port on new computer works with other peripherals. Restarted with drive already plugged in and there was no new hardware found. Device Manager shows no...
  10. external usb hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external usb hard drive: Can i install windows 10 on an external USB hard drive? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-drive/9631ecc3-3373-4174-8b01-818623bd5c4f