Windows 10: USB Hard Drives Constantly Disconnect + Even Viewer Warning

Discus and support USB Hard Drives Constantly Disconnect + Even Viewer Warning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Any USB hard drive or storage device that I plug into my desktop PC randomly gets the 'USB unplugged noise' then freezes Windows explorer. On top of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TurkeyMirage, Mar 17, 2019.

1. USB Hard Drives Constantly Disconnect + Even Viewer Warning

Any USB hard drive or storage device that I plug into my desktop PC randomly gets the 'USB unplugged noise' then freezes Windows explorer. On top of that, I get a Warning for the disk in my event viewer. It varies which external hard drive it happens to. This doesn't happen with these drives on any other computer I own, just mine. I'm really worried they're going to die and I'm going to lose tons of photo and video. I feel like it's some problem with my USB drivers or something. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling them but it doesn't help. Here's the error I get:

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk4\DR17 during a paging operation.

:)

TurkeyMirage, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Cr00zng Win User

System connects and disconnects USB drives...

Thanks Bree and I do understand that...

The issue is the system keeps disconnecting the USB external drive, reconnects and that time the AV wants to scan the drive again. This goes on in a constant loop until the external drive is disconnected. At times, the explorer window closes if and when the drive is disconnected by the system, it's similar to restarting explorer.

The event viewer shows this error:

Code:
    Code:
    An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk7\DR69 during a paging operation.
    I should have started with reading the event viewer....

Cr00zng, Mar 17, 2019
  3. usb contected hard drive

I have a usb connected hard drive it is not listed and say disconnected I have unplugged and plugged it in and with no change any help would be great

charlesfrischknecht, Mar 17, 2019
  4. USB Hard Drives Constantly Disconnect + Even Viewer Warning

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown USB Hard Drives Constantly Disconnect + Even Viewer Warning :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

USB Hard Drives Constantly Disconnect + Even Viewer Warning

1. USB Hard Drives Constantly Disconnect + Even Viewer Warning - Similar Threads - USB Hard Drives

2. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.: The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing. In the hidden Icons menu, if I am fast enough, I can click on the USB devices icon to see what is connected. It shows as Generic USB 2 hub, or something similar.In device manager, I cannot see this device, as when it connects...
  3. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.: The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing. In the hidden Icons menu, if I am fast enough, I can click on the USB devices icon to see what is connected. It shows as Generic USB 2 hub, or something similar.In device manager, I cannot see this device, as when it connects...
  4. usb disconnects constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb disconnects constantly: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  5. usb disconnects constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb disconnects constantly: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  6. usb disconnects constantly

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. USB Drive Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive Disconnecting: Hello.Whenever I plug in my USB Drive it doesn't appear in File Explorer, and it keeps playing the disconnecting sound.Can someone help?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-disconnecting/e426688c-10e3-4dce-9a2c-c99841dcbedf
  8. USB Constant Disconnects and Malfunctions

USB Constant Disconnects and Malfunctions: Afternoon All, After searching the internet for multiple solutions and reading other forum posts here, I have not found a single solution that worked to fix my constant USB disconnect, and reconnect problem. At this point I'm going to look at a full windows reinstall....
  9. External hard drive constantly disconnecting and disconnecting

External hard drive constantly disconnecting and disconnecting: I have a brand new device and I tried to plug in my hard drive to retrieve some of my files but the hard drive kept disconnecting from my device and I was unable to keep it open for more than two minutes at a time. Sometimes it would show the error message "a device which...
  10. Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting

Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting: So as the the title says my usb remote control constantly disconnects and reconnects, i have tried every fix mentioned by searching the web to no avail. The OS is windows 10, i know its not the device because when i plug it into my daughter and sons laptops it works fine,...