Windows 10: USB HDD Automount

Discus and support USB HDD Automount in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In Windows 10, if I plug in a USB HDD/Flash drive all is well. If I leave the external HDD's (2 of them) plugged in, they do not show up when I start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulHatton2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. USB HDD Automount

In Windows 10, if I plug in a USB HDD/Flash drive all is well. If I leave the external HDD's (2 of them) plugged in, they do not show up when I start Windows, I have to unplug and re-plug them before they're available.

Any guidance please as this is a pain in the rear?

Thanks

:)

PaulHatton2, Nov 26, 2019

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 26, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

USB HDD Automount

USB HDD: IN BIOS

Hi AJAY, in modern BIOS (UEFI) it is normal to have USB devices listed, such as USB HDD without drive being plugged in.

In older Legacy BIOS, a drive would have to be plugged in for it to be listed in BIOS, but not no londer . . .

DaveM121, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

USB HDD Automount

1. USB HDD Automount - Similar Threads - USB HDD Automount

2. Disable automount of USB stick on boot and on reconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable automount of USB stick on boot and on reconnect: Hello Community,i am having some issues with the automatic mounting of a volume located on an USB stick.I would like to have the volume be inaccessible after connecting the device or on reconnect or after reboot. Only a manual interaction should make the data located on the...
  3. Disable automount of USB stick on boot and on reconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable automount of USB stick on boot and on reconnect: Hello Community,i am having some issues with the automatic mounting of a volume located on an USB stick.I would like to have the volume be inaccessible after connecting the device or on reconnect or after reboot. Only a manual interaction should make the data located on the...
  4. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB HDD: Hello,I have a small problem.I have recently upgraded my laptop from an HDD to a SSD, and everything is fine with Win 10.I have installed the old HDD in a USB3.0 caddy, here is the odd thing!If I plug the caddy into the laptop USB port the laptop sees the HDD straight away...
  5. USB HDD

USB HDD: Hello,I have a small problem.I have recently upgraded my laptop from an HDD to a SSD, and everything is fine with Win 10.I have installed the old HDD in a USB3.0 caddy, here is the odd thing!If I plug the caddy into the laptop USB port the laptop sees the HDD straight away...
  6. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB HDD: Hello,I have had 2 USB HDD 1, 2TB and 1 4TB plus 2 Micro SD card give me the Access Denied and this after using them to store thing it just all sudden.It is not the device because it you format it works just fine and if I put it SD card back in the camera works find but in my...
  8. USB HDD

USB HDD: Hello,I have had 2 USB HDD 1, 2TB and 1 4TB plus 2 Micro SD card give me the Access Denied and this after using them to store thing it just all sudden.It is not the device because it you format it works just fine and if I put it SD card back in the camera works find but in my...
  9. Veracrypt automount

Veracrypt automount: Hey! How do i get veracrypt to automount? i have diffrent passwords, on all my veracrypt drives? 180623
  10. Automounting USB devices puzzle

Automounting USB devices puzzle: I have an experience about the auto mounting of USB devices which has been going on for a long time, but continues to puzzle me. A Debian desktop is running using an /etc/fstab file in which the mount options for a couple of USB devices are defined. Both devices use the...